The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (INGO Forum)
Webcruiter ID: 4201450954
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Reports to: The Access Advisor (NIF)
- INGO Forum in partnership with NRC is looking for an Administrative Assistant for Maiduguri Office, Nigeria.
- The purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities to support and implement INGO Forum activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for NIF guests and staff in Maiduguri by liaising with the NRC’s Operations team.
- Supports the NIF team in the direct engagement with EFCC on cash flow and other operational requests for the NIF.
- Represent NIF at meetings in Maiduguri as designated by the Deputy Director and provide recommendations, feedback on the NIF weekly update and draft minutes of meetings
- Act as PSEA Focal point for NIF in Maiduguri, work with the NIF Program Officer on PSEA activities, reports and work plan.
- Management of fleet and supervision of NIF Maiduguri driver to ensure NIF vehicles are properly maintained with regular vehicle servicing and fuel top-up.
- Manage the collation of necessary information and documents from NIF members as required for government engagement.
- Ensuring the printer, scanners, mail services, telephones e.t.c are running within the office and any calls for repairs or maintenances needed are properly reported to the right NRC department focal persons.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of office supplies to include stationery, consumables and cartridges/tonner and be responsible for re-stocking when office supplies and NIF communication products are running low
- Responsible for all logistical aspects of NIF events, workshops and general administrative requests, including raising the PR and following up on all approvals, liaising with the relevant focal person in NRC; tracking number of participants, participant signs up, support agenda development and any other responsibilities assigned by the
- Deputy Director.
- Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to NIF and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by NRC Country Program
- Experience with office Administration Management
- Computer skills are required
- Independent thinker and have strong organizational skills;
- Possess a minimum of a Diploma in preferably Business Administration/ Public, Social Work, Education, or related field.
- Demonstrated excellence in administration, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including staff training, motivation, and discipline
- Good writing and communications skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Good negotiation, representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Strong ability to solve problems and to communicate in English and Hausa
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environment
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in humanitarian settings.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online