Administrative Assistant, Travel / Logistics at the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ's portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Travel / Logistics
Vacancy No: 044
Organization: GIZ Nigeria Country Office
- We provide services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
- The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe, with the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations and governments of other countries all benefiting from our services.
- The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is our main commissioning party, but we also work with the private sector, fostering successful interaction between development policy and foreign trade.
- All these commissioning parties place their trust in GIZ by working together with us to generate ideas for political, social and economic change, develop these into concrete plans and implement the envisaged change processes.
- Since we are a public-benefit federal enterprise, German and European values are central to our work.
- This makes us a reliable service provider that people can trust. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible and effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
- The registered offices of GIZ are in Bonn and Eschborn. In 2019, we generated a business volume of around EUR 3.1 billion.
- Our 22,199 employees, almost 70 per cent of whom are national staff, work in around 120 countries. As a recognised development service provider, we currently have 556 development workers in action in partner countries.
- Furthermore, in 2019, the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM), which is run jointly by GIZ and the German Federal Employment Agency, placed 262 integrated experts and 515 returning experts with local employers in our partner countries, or provided them with financial support, advice or other services.
- Personnel and business figures as at 31 December 2019
- GIZ Country offices are the central element of GIZ’s field structure.
- They ensure consistent overall representation of the company and its successful positioning as a service provider in the international cooperation market. They are headed by a country director.
- The country directors represent GIZ as a whole in the country or countries they service. The country director is responsible for shaping the GIZ country portfolio and assuring its quality, and in particular ensures that GIZ activities in all business sectors are coherent.
- The Administrative assistant (travel and logistics) is responsible for
- Ensuring that tasks are carried out smoothly within the assigned area of responsibility
- Organising and coordinating all work stages
- Performing all daily duties in the assigned area of responsibility
- Liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the country office
- Maintaining a helpful attitude to customers, ensuring that the office creates a professional impression
- Communicating efficiently with offices with which regular contact is maintained
Services for GIZ staff / Partners:
Arrival, inbound/outbound travel:
- Support GIZ staff/partners in visa application and processing as well as all other necessary permits required by government institutions in the host country.
- Support GIZ staff/Partners in Visa application and processing as well as all other necessary permits required by government institutions.
- Prepare travel health insurance for GIZ Staff and partners upon request.
- Provides GIZ official travellers with all the necessary information for their inbound/outbound travel.
- Prepare support/invitation letters for Visa applications and Visa on Arrival request for GIZ staff and partners
(Working) Requirements relating to accommodation:
- Maintains and updates a database of corporate rates negotiated with recommended Hotels in Nigeria.
- Updates a register of estate agents and collects information about satisfaction with the services provided.
- Recommends estate agents, support in the preparation and signing of rental agreements for both offices rent as well as private residential agreement for international staff.
Registration and other documents:
- Support international staff and their family members as well as GIZ drivers in obtaining Nigerian Driver’s license and National Identity Numbers
- Residence Cards and all relevant correspondence)
- Maintain a data base of all CERPAC cards of expert and remind them to extend their residence cards at least 4 weeks to the expiry.
- Support the processing of all relevant Visa for official trips as well as Residence Cards, maintain and update immigration file of all documents (including copy of passport,
Departure, outbound travel:
- Provide answer to any inquiry GIZ staff may have regardingtheir outbound travel, in accordance with the services provided by the GIZ office.
Service for short-term experts and other visitors:
- Provides information for experts and visitors, informs them about the status of their agreements e.g. Changes in schedules and other plans, transport services etc.
- Arranges accommodation for arriving visitors, short-term and long-term experts, upon request
- Assists short-term experts with logistical problems (e.g. Transport services) during their assignment
Support for (official) travel:
- Procures tickets for domestic and international travel upon request via the GIZ office travel agent
- Reserves hotels/rent cars upon request etc.
- Organises visas and other necessary permits and documents upon request
- Jointly prepare travel agnet invoices and support in general receivable settlement.
- Organises and coordinates logistical aspects for planning, holding and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other events upon request
- Arrange event for visitors, such as site seeing upon request and approval of the management transport etc.)
- Organises and files documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Arrange in conjunction with responsible colleague, drivers for scheduled visitors and experts drop off and pick up.
- Monitor vehicle logbook and prepared monthly fuel consumption sheet for the approval of Head of Finance/Administration. Calculates private mileage and invoice the passenger for cost reimbursement to GIZ.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Photocopies and scans documents as needed
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or similar field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional work experience in a comparable position
Other Experiences and Skills:
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Confidential handling of information on staff and finances
- Very good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Outstanding management skills
- Outstanding communication skills
According to GIZ Nigeria Salary scale for Band 2.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details to: [email protected] (Please include vacancy no. 044 in mail subject).
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
- All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 6th May, 2022.