Administrative / Human Resources Manager at a New Private Medical Diagnostic Center
A new Private Medical Diagnostic Center in the heart of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, seeks to employ for the position below:
Job Title: Administrative / Human Resources Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Report to: The COO
- Assist with coordinating activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with company policies.
- Manage the contract management system, including assisting departments with preparing, executing, and maintaining contracts and other agreements.
- Build and maintain databases and files for the Organization including organizing files.
- Work with the Laboratory manager on procurement
- Work with Laboratory Manager on work schedules
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Writes directives on Company policy regarding compensation, and employee benefits.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets the organizational needs in accordance to ISO 15189
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program with the Laboratory Manager to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Work with the Laboratory Manager to organize competency assessments
- Ensure Medical Laboratory Scientists and other staff engage in regular continuous professional development trainings
- Perform other duties assigned
- B.Sc degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or a Medical Laboratory Scientist with HR experience
- Proven work experience in HR (3 years minimum)
- 3-5 years cognate experience as a management staff in administrative and/or Human Resource role
- Proven work experience in the Health Sector
- Must possess CIPM, SHRI or any relevant and recognized HR professional certification.
- Working knowledge of the Health sector and surrounding regulations and legislation
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Suite
- Good resource planning skills.
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain a very high level of discretion with personnel and sensitive information.
- Good crisis management skills
- Good report writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to proactively provide feedback to the COO
- Strong motivational and team building skills
Remuneration / Benefits
- Remuneration is attractive
- Pension available
- Individual and family health Insurance available
- Good work environment.
Application Closing Date
12pm; 27th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in a Cover Letter with CV as PDF or Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Interview holds the following week for shortlisted candidates.
- Subject of the email must be title of the job as stated, to be considered.
- Qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists not residing in Port-Harcourt, who are willing to relocate, are encouraged to apply.