Advocacy and Communication Assistant at Mangrove and Partners Limited
Mangrove & Partners is focused on supporting state and development agencies to strengthen institutions and build the capacities, systems and partnerships for improved services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advocacy and Communication Assistant
Location: Wuye, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Have you seen anyone defecating in the open before? Do you depend on ‘Mai Ruwa’ for your water supply? Do you know over 48 million Nigerians have no decent toilet? And only two of three Nigerians have access to a protected drinking water point? In fact, less than 10% of Nigerians have access to a piped water service and less than 5% have their fecal waste safely managed.
- Does this bother you? Would you like to do something about this?
- If you’re motivated by the desire to make a contribution to Nigeria’s effort to eliminate open defecation by 2025, provide sanitation facilities, improve access to drinking water for every Nigerian, everywhere by 2030, and you’re young and vibrant, and crazy about social media, communications and campaigns, then this is your chance to join a new firm set up to support donors and strengthen public WASH institutions to provide the transformational environment and operations able to birth and sustain viable utility operations and services.
- Our current advocacy and communication assistant is away on study leave. We need a cover for her over the next one year.
- Social Media and Website Management
- Learning and knowledge management
- Writing and Editorial support.
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies
- Advocacy and communication program coordination and business prospecting
- Events, media and publicity coordination
- A qualification in Communication at a Second-Class Upper grade or post graduate level will be an advantage.
- 2 – 3 years of work experience.
- Young and vibrant personality;
- Self-starter and takes initiative;
- Organized and detail oriented; and
- Discreet and with a high sense of value.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Passion for creative writing;
Must have Skills:
- Very strong oral and written communication skills including writing proposals and reports
- Graphic design skills and ability to use technology to complete tasks (Google tools, webinar management, social media platforms, etc.)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A flexible, adaptable and professional approach to work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
N50,000 – N100,000 Salary Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should write a 2 pager on the topic: "Can we truly foster transparency and accountability without improving social media penetration in Nigeria?" and send along with their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 19th August, 2022.