Advocacy and Communication Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advocacy and Communication Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Area Director/DCD North East
- Supports the formulation and implementation of project advocacy and communications plans
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Liaise closely with Advocacy Coordination team to develop and support the integration of new communication approaches, tools and techniques into AAH programming in the State.
- Create messaging materials designed to target beneficiaries and relevant actors on the design and delivery of AAH programming.
- Document and share good practices and lessons learnt from the program’s activities through the development of regular updates reports, case studies, briefs and IEC materials
- Support staff capacity building, particularly the Behavior Change Communication staff in use of communication tools, materials and approaches.
- Undertake regular visits to all intervention sites to monitor communication messaging, use of tools and materials and to identify challenges and solutions.
- Manage image and video library for communication, reporting and other needs.
- Organization and implementation of the celebration of international/national days and campaigns (Global Hand washing Day etc).
- Working with the advocacy coordination team, liaise with media outlets to ensure that the appropriate information and messages are reaching the public, including preparing press releases.
- Collect evidence based information and testimonies that AAH can use to inform programming and advocacy
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collect and provide evidence based information, specifically around challenges and concerns, to inform state and national level advocacy.
- Work with Project Managers to develop project briefs for all projects and follow up to ensure such briefs are validated and uploaded in AAH database.
- Collect testimonies and stories from the beneficiaries that can be used for advocacy at a national and international level.
- Mobilize staff and partners to ensure increased participation in AAH social media and other on-line platforms.
- Organize learning, knowledge sharing and capitalization workshops to enable lessons learned to be used in future program designs as well as build institutional capacity of external stakeholders.
Internal & External Relationship
- Others Managers: exchange of information and coordination (integrated approach), but close collaboration with Security Service Manager
- Coordinators : exchange of information and collaboration on program issues
- Area Director/DCD North East: hierarchical relationship – reporting, exchange of information and collaboration on program, operational and security issues
- Operations Support Coordinator: Collaboration and exchange of information on relations with Government Institutions at district level, operational and security issues
- Area Coordinator: work very closely to provide information, specifically around challenges and concerns within the humanitarian response.
- Advocacy Manager: Exchange of information, collaboration, coordination on early recovery, policy and development agenda
- Governmental and non-governmental partners : exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on choice of technical options
- International and Local Aid Organizations : exchange of information
- Donor representatives: hosting field visits, exchange of information
- Cluster and other coordination forums.
- Bachelor’s Degree from reputed University in Mass Communications & Journalism, Media Studies, Communications Strategy, Development Communication or relevant discipline.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in providing communication packages to promote the activities of organization, preferably in humanitarian and development contexts.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Good photography and videography skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of video and photo editing softwares.
Skills and Experience
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Excellent team player
- Previous experience with communication duties
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word) and graphic designing
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy
- Familiar with Northeast Nigeria context
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Previous experience with AAH
- Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri
- Administrative and management competence would be an asset.
Minimum Monthly Basic Salary
- N236,585 per month.
Application Closing Date
2nd December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.