Advocacy Associate at Reboot Nigeria
Reboot is a social impact firm dedicated to inclusive development and accountable governance. We help governments, foundations, and international organizations achieve their missions.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
- The Advocacy Associate will promote the Reboot Africa brand and portfolio of work, focused on designing and overseeing the offline and online engagements of Reboot and its partners to advance social justice, government accountability, and good governance.
- The associate will support a project focusing on sharing, promoting and capturing learnings in the Nigerian accountability eco-system through in-depth case studies and knowledge exchange platforms.
- This is a full-time, 1-year contracted position based at our Africa office in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Travel to additional locations within and outside of Nigeria is possible and is based on project demands. Travel is required, up to 25%, throughout Nigeria and beyond.
Strategic Communications and Advocacy (50%):
- Develop social media campaigns and strategies to build interest for Reboot’s work and to engage partners and the public, which includes aggregating, developing and sharing content.
- Contribute to editorial strategy, generate ideas, and support the creation of articles and blogs representing projects in the African office, including conducting thorough background research and copy edits.
- Designs and implement an annual communication and advocacy strategy for projects in the Reboot Africa office
- Be up to date with the trends and happenings in the Nigerian accountability space and identify opportunities for the Reboot Africa office
- Produce content for various online and offline platforms
- Coordinate outreach to journalists, academics, practitioners, policymakers, and other thought leaders to share our work with new audiences
- Scour the web for relevant articles, reports, academic publications, and events to share with the Reboot Africa team and our social media networks
- Maintain a media database for the Reboot Africa office
- Supports proposal design by inputting relevant advocacy strategies for proposed projects
- Pitch events and evaluate speaking requests for the Reboot Africa team to attend and assess the value of potential events for internal decisionmaking
- Represent Reboot at events and liaise with the programs team to organize stakeholder convenings for the Reboot Africa office
- Handle media relations for Reboot internal events and ensure that the event objectives and outcomes align with the Reboot brand
- Knowledge Management and Organizational Innovation (20%)
- Contribute to process innovation within Reboot to improve organizational agility, efficiency, and impact.
- Ensure lessons from industry best practices and client engagements are effectively integrated across Reboot’s work.
- 4+ years professional experience, predominantly in the area of social media engagement, brand management, and/or content development
- Significant previous experience engaging stakeholders in multiple mediums
- University Degree in a relevant field and that demonstrates analytical rigor
- Previous work experience that demonstrates work at fast-paced/growing startup or small businesses.
Professional and Personal Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; capable of adapting to different audiences.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to operate flexibly and find creative solutions to achieve results in frequently changing circumstances.
- Enjoys working collaboratively in a team environment; is empathetic in approach to collaboration with others.
- Ability to work and make quality decisions under tight time constraints; multitask with ease and adapt to frequently changing priorities and can foresee future situations.
- Initiative to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates and applies technical, functional, and job-specific knowledge required for assignments; is a continuous learner.