Agricultural Extension Officer (South East) at Aquada Development Corporation Limited
Aquada Development Corporation Limited is a food process company. Over the years, we have been committed to innovating new technologies and products that improve the quality of life while improving the built environment in which we operate. Our specializations range from food manufacturing, materials processing to process engineering. To achieve our technical goals, the Corporation hires the best available talent to conceive and implement its ideas, while we create a dynamic and rewarding work environment to nurture and sustain this creative spirit.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Extension Officer (South East)
Location: Umuahia, Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
- We need qualified candidates to support our extension services in Abia State and surrounding areas.
- We are looking for a well-trained and experienced agricultural extension officer to work closely with our farmers to improve their agricultural output and to enhance the supply of produce to our production facilities.
- This individual will be part of a team involved in the formulation and development of improved fertilizer and soil conditioning additives using locally-sourced inputs, as well as the procurement of agricultural produce.
- Furthermore, this individual will provide hands-on field-based support to our farmers to enable them utilize these improved inputs to enhance their agricultural output.
- This individual will also provide commercial extension services to farmers and farmer groups by providing them needed inputs while facilitating the sale of their output to our facilities.
- A background in Soil Science, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Cooperative Economics, or similar agro-allied profession is required (minimum of OND).
- Specific knowledge of agricultural development in Abia State and/or surrounding areas will be a distinct advantage. (Produce lines of prime importance include rice, cassava, and maize)
- Candidates must have at least 3 (three) years of post-graduation experience, preferably in an agro-allied engagement or organization.
- Candidates will be expected to have outstanding analytical skills with an ability to research, analyze and present data that support the overall effort.
- A solid understanding of cooperative management and related extension services would be very helpful for this position.
- Prior experience in sales role would be highly desirable, especially if the experience is in the sales of farm inputs, services, or agricultural outputs.
- Additional training or experience in project management would be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter that outlines their specific experience and how it relates to this position to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates should also clearly indicate their date of availability and a specific statement on their ability to relocate if offered a position.
- Applications submitted without a Cover Letter will be deemed non-responsive.