AgroCola Coordinator at AgroCola
AgroCola is a youth-focused Agricultural platform designed to equip Nigerians with digitized agricultural and financial support to provide home-grown supply for the increasing demand for food. It seeks to galvanize massive youth participation in all agricultural value chains while leveraging on digital technology.
The AgroCola vision is committed to building opportunities for young digital natives through reformed agricultural practices by leveraging on digital technology aided tools. Young people will therefore be able to own, produce and sell in the agricultural sector thereby establishing greater economic opportunities and building financial inclusion for the young ones.
- Job TypeFull Time
Agriculture / Agro-Allied
Job Category: Mid-Level
Report to: AgroCola Stakeholders
The AgroCola National Coordinator will be responsible for managing Agrocola project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting, under the direct supervision of the AgroCola president and relevant stakeholders. He/she will coordinate and promote opportunities for collaboration within the AgroCola value chain.
Operational and Technical Responsibilities
- The National Coordinator manages the overall programmatic, operational, financial and management responsibility of AgroCola across all states.
- Coordinate state project activities and ensure all activities are implemented according to the approved budget and work plan.
- Represent the organization in various high level technical meetings with governmental bodies, sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Participate in development process of proposals – log frames, narratives and budgets
- Provide technical support through oversight visits, coaching, mentoring and integrated support to AgroCola Chiefs on the project.
- The role ensures that project objectives, outcomes and deliverables are met and that financial, operational and reporting requirements of the stakeholders are adhered to.
- Submit timely and quality report to relevant stakeholders.
- Leads the preparation of state annual strategic plans; technical and operational work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required in close collaboration with Cola Chiefs and relevant stakeholders
- Ensures appropriate consultation in the development of state-level plans and budgets (including consultation with the Head office team and other project stakeholders)
- Provides technical guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, outputs and deliverables.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the effective implementation of states work plans and ensures delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is compliant
- Oversees and contributes to results measurement, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, value for money analysis and communication on national level
- Manages overall responsibility for the effective and professional management of the AgroCola Chiefs across states.
- Ensures consistent implementation of AgroCola Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines, Security Protocols.
- Ensures the team and activities in the states provide and demonstrate good value for money;
- Supports the preparation of annual work plan budgets and workplan budget variations across all AgroCola states
- Manage, analyse and make sound recommendations to the relevant stake holders
- Oversee the effective management of all AgroCola state project.
Education, Technical Skills, Competencies, Working Relationships
- Have a Degree/HND in Agricultural Science or related field with minimum of 3 years’ experience in a project management, stakeholder’s relations and administration-related role.
- Have excellent computer skills including with Excel, Microsoft office.
- Have strong interpersonal skills (communication, give effective feedback and be a team player)
- Be able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs.
- Have the ability to manage work plans including ability to work under pressure.
- Must be passionate about agriculture and speaks Hausa fluently.
Project Management: Job requires Managing and coordinating state project activities and ensure all activities are implemented according to the approved budget and work plan.
Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Innovation — Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Problem Solving—Job requires Identifying, analyzing, organizing and solving issues and reported problems in a timely and effective manner.
Time Management— Job requires the ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Also, ability to concentrate on the tasks that have greater priority.
Planning— Job requires the ability to effectively plan projects and deliverables.
Vendor and Client Management
- Must be a High performer with a drive for excellence and growth
- Must be an optimist disruptive thinker with a sight for possibilities irrespective of the situation
- Must be open minded and a good people manager, showing mutual respect to all levels of staff.
- Strong ability to drive team collaboration
- Must be very strong at driving execution and executing within timelines
- Must be smart with an appetite for creativity and innovation
- Must have a strong social presence
Office Environment and field environment
Interested and qualified? Go to AgroCola career website on docs.google.com to apply