Agronomist (Expatrate) at George Houston Resources Limited
George Houston Resources Limited (GHR) assists organizations to achieve their corporate visions and objectives through integrated, strategic and solution-oriented HR consulting services using best-practice methodologies.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 – 18 years
- Location Ogun
- Job Field Agriculture / Agro-Allied  , Expatriate
Reporting to : CEO
Job Purpose: To study soil, plant seeds and crops to minimize the risk in the farm
and develop effective and efficient farming practices with research and advanced agriculture techniques.
Define overall farm strategy for agriculture productivity development.
- Study plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield and solve challenges in the farm.
- Research, development and promoting farming practices to prevent damages in farm.
- Ensure development of planting as per the schedule and within timelines.
- To maintain records regarding farms, customers crops and samples.
- Ensure utilisation of available sources in farms
- Generating MIS and recommend suggestions for shortfalls related to farm, clients , customers and other related parties.
- Nationality: Preferably, references from India with African experience
- Educational qualifications: M.Sc / in agronomy / agriculture / related field.
- Professional experience: 10-18 Years of experience
- Specific knowledge: Tomato , Cucumber , Cabbage Chilly , Spring onion , Sweet corn , Okra and watermelon
- Business understanding: African experience is a must
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.