Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs. The three major arms are: Consulting, Recruitment and Training.
Alfred & Victoria Associates has become one of the most sought after Human Capital Development Organization in recent times. She is fast becoming the distinguished strategic partner required in all sectors of the economy, and also in the fast growing world of outsourcing which is now in huge demand in all profession. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operation Manager (Museum)
Location: Osogbo, Osun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Operations Manager is a full-time position strategically created to help realize the museum’s mission, vision, and strategic plan by ensuring Company’s location inspires visitors with a warm, comfortable, welcoming environment for a greater sense of belonging and deeper engagement with art.
- The Operations Manager’s primary responsibilities are to generate and implement superior customer service and a destination experience that promotes membership, community engagement, shopping, safety, and the security of our exhibitions and educational programs.
- The Operations Manager focuses on our guest’s experience and facilities operations, all while staying true to advancing the museum’s mission and impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all business and office operations (i.e., answering phones, accounts management, purchase orders, budgets)
- Oversees all information provided to visitors such as visitor guides, exhibit information, special event information, directions, etc.
- Assists with exhibit development, design, and installation.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the museum gallery and store.
- Schedule and oversee visitor service associates and other volunteer staff.
- All Museum operations-related activities (e.g., Lighting and Security Systems, museum policies and procedures)
- Museum Shop operations and management (e.g., inventory, purchase for resale, daily deposits, credit card machine)
- All Visitor Services Activities and Experience from pre-visit (i.e., social media, marketing, promotions, web content) to in-person visit (e.g., visitor hours, tour scheduling, creating friendly and approachable visitor programs) to post-visit (e.g., exhibition evaluation, social media, web)
- Training and management of student workers:
- All social media accounts, marketing and promotions, web presence.
- Purchase Museum Store inventory based on sales reports, bestselling categories (home, jewellery, toy, etc.), and for people looking for: Art and design-related items or that have art education value, High-quality, unique, well-designed items or gifts.
- Manage store inventory and report to Finance Director:
- Plan and execute building project plans (repairs, improvements, and annual inspections) based on building assessment.
- Work with the curator to schedule adequate installation staff during the installation timeframe.
- Manage operational aspects of events, programs, and exhibits, secure and reserve vendors for event equipment and supplies, setting elevator and door schedules, staffing, etc.
- Help with arrangements for exhibition installation, crating, un-crating, hanging, lighting, and shipping. Work with the education manager to ensure that the gallery staff is knowledgeable on the educational offerings and helpful with the daily operations of classes, tours, and field trips.
- Use our operations meetings to communicate with the exhibition, marketing, and educational programming on a weekly basis.
- Use Facilities Committee meetings to work on the strategic plan initiatives, brainstorm ideas, solve problems, ask for advice, and vet new policies related to operations.
- Communicate with curator and education manager for smooth operations of education and exhibition programming.
Required Education and Work Experience:
- MA in Communications, Museum Studies, Graphic Design, Museum Administration, Anthropology or related fields.
- Minimum two years’ full-time employment in an office, business, gallery, academic museum, or very similar setting working in operations-related activities.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience and knowledge of management of operations in a business, gallery, or museum.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office, accounting principles, and inventory, personnel, and event management.
- Advanced experience in managing social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), social media practices, marketing and promotions, and web content.
- Must be familiar with best practices in the various operations-based activities in museums and proactively keep up with innovations.
- Impeccable record-keeping.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, writing, proofreading and analytical skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work alone, to supervise and train volunteers and student workers, and to work as part of a team with the Museum Director and Collections Manager/Registrar.
- Ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality, and independent judgment.
Salary: N180,000 – N200,000 monthly (Very Attractive).
Demand on the Job: Will work Monday to Sunday, off day is during the week and Accommodation is also available for Residents in Osogbo.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2022.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.