AN AREA COORDINATOR YOBE – NIGERIA
In Nigeria, based in Damaturu,
The Nigeria mission has been open in 2010 by ACF-US and will come under ACF-FR management from January 1, 2019. ACF Nigeria currently undertaking the following activities: Security and Livelihoods Nutrition, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene. The mission consists of a team of 500+ national employees and about 50 international employees.
The base of Damaturu gathers a large team with close to 200 staffs, with in addition, a large number of government seconded staffs. The projects aims to both humanitarian and development purposes, with a few long-term health and nutrition projects and multiple donors (DFID, GAC, SIDA, ECHO and USAID). The security situation in Yobe, has improved since 2017, but there a still risks and the situation remains a bit unpredictable. The security situation overall in Yobe remains volatile. The capital Damaturu is relatively stable but there are still risks and pockets of insecurity in some LGAs and travel routes which makes the situation a bit unpredictable. ACF has established security management guidelines, protociols etc. to guide our operations in the state and ensure our duty of care to all staff.
You will ensure effectively manage and develop ACF Programming and Strategy in Yobe State.
More precisely your missions will be:
- · Ensure field representation of ACF and adherence to Mandate/Charter/Principles.
- · Effectively manage and develop ACF Programming and Strategy in Yobe State
- · Ensure Safety/Security of ACF personnel and assets
Do you fit with the position?
- You hold a Master’s Degree, ideally in Humanitarian Program Coordination, International Development, International Relations
- You have a significant experience with INGOs in insecure setting on the same type of position (at least 3 years)
- If you have a previous experience with ACF in emergency and post-emergencies, it would be considered as an asset.
- You have excellent management skills specially of large scale programme (You are experienced in HR, projects and stress management)
- You have strong ability to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team
- You have excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills
- You are disciplined, organised and able to work independently
- You are fluent in English and you have excellent drafting and written skills
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800 €
- + 450€ as country allowance
- Per diem and living allowance: €539 (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered **
100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- * 20 RnR per year.
- * 215 € at each RnR period every 12 weeks and coverage of the transportation expenses
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
Why joining ACF:
It is one of the biggest bases of ACF and provides a unique opportunity to work on a good mix of humanitarian and development programming. ACF is percieved as the key actor in the state of Yobe.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our website: https://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/index.php/fr/offre/4665