Android Developer (Java) – Remote at Dro Health Limited
DRO Health is an exciting new start up Telehealth Company with an innovative approach to healthcare in Nigeria. Our mission is to make quality healthcare accessible to every African with a smart device.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Android Developer (Java)
Location: Fully Remote
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a skilled Android Developer (Java) to maintain, support and improve the DRO Health Android app.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring application stability, directly working with the CTO & development teams to rapidly respond & resolve system incidents and user queries, as well as to contribute to the development of minor and major features for the DRO Health Android app.
- Developing major and minor features
- Ensuring all UI/UX designs are implemented to the highest level
- Making functionality changes to new and existing features should the need arise
- Fixing bugs rapidly when they arise
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the Android app via suggestions, intuition and other formats
- Identifying, designing and implementing proactive patterns that prevent application problems
- Identifying, designing and implementing proactive patterns that help speed up development
- Using the GitFlow methodology for version control and teamwork
- Actively using ClickUp to view all assigned tasks and update the statuses of those tasks as they go through the development process
- Participating in weekly video team meetings and daily slack standups.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 3 – 5 years.
Experience and Skills Required:
- MUST be very proficient in Java for Android
- Must be able to use GitFlow methodology
- Must have a good eye for design. Experience with Adobe XD is a huge plus
- Must be able to work with existing designs and execute them to the highest level
- Must be able to integrate REST APIs
- Must be able to work remotely
- Knowledge and experience with Google Play Console and Firebase
- Knowledge of unit testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage expectations
- Be able to work both independent and within a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Recognizes the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- 50% off all DRO Health services (including friends and family).
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- You will be required to submit your
- CV and Cover Letter
- We aim to respond to all applicants, however If you do not get a response within a month, your application was not successful.