Android Engineer (Remote) at Gomoney
Gomoney is a digital bank dedicated to simplifying banking for everyone and contributing to a future where everyone is in control of their money. With tools to split, schedule, send, receive and track payments, users have the tools for better transaction processes and better understanding of their spending habits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Android Engineer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Term
- We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers to help us build the bank of the future.
- Join us if you’re interested in building products used by tens of thousands of customers and shipping code at a rapid pace.
- An experienced Android Engineer that is passionate about building scalable and reliable mobile applications.
- We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams. We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we’re happy for people to build new skills, specialize or move between teams. As an engineer here you’d be able to work directly with anyone across the company.
About the Role
What will you be doing as our Android Engineer?
- You’ll be working with industry standard tools and technologies – and help us define what “great” looks like for Android engineers.
- You’ll also work with a cross disciplinary group to clearly understand user needs, challenging assumptions, iterating quickly to learn fast, using data and running experiments to evaluate solutions to develop secure, robust, and maintainable solutions at pace.
As an Android Engineer you will:
- Design and build advanced, scalable applications for the Android platform
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Integrate with our backend services (JSON, REST, etc.) to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users
- Own end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live
- Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
You should apply if:
- You love building products in cross disciplinary teams using an iterative approach, driven by customer feedback and data insight.
- You deeply care about providing a great user experience to our users, and understand the impact that technology can have on this.
- You understand the importance of prioritization in your work to ensure a good balance between development velocity and code quality.
- You’re comfortable working with in a team that deals with ambiguity every day, not afraid to take the lead on technical and strategic decision-making.
- You are a keen learner and love sharing your knowledge with others.
- When things break, you’re eager and able to help fix them
- You’re proud about your craft and want to apply your skills building a product that will bring value to thousands of users.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- 3+ years experience with full life cycle Android application development and publishing Android apps in the play store.
- Working knowledge about kotlin, collections, algorithms and well-known application frameworks.
- Good understanding of design patterns, the latest framework and technical, including, Kotlin Coroutines, flow, navigation component, Retrofit, OkHttp, Lambda expressions and dependency injection.
- Experience working with modularized apps with XML inflated layouts
- Experience using Room for persistence and repositories for interacting with them
- Worked on apps which support multiple Android devices.
- Understanding of interactive application development paradigm under Android, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multi-threading.
- Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Experience with testing frameworks, including Robolectric and Espresso is a plus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application