Application Developer – Microsoft Solutions at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) December, 2019
The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Developer – Microsoft Solutions
Division: Shared Services Division
Department: Technology Services Department
Report to: Head, Technology Services
Grade: Assistant Manager – Deputy Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, March 2, 2020
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange continues to evolve to meet the needs of its valued customers, and to achieve the highest level of competitiveness. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world. The SharePoint developer is a technology focused role intended to provide development and management of NSE SharePoint installations firm wide.
- The role sits within the Shared Services Division and under the Application Development unit specifically. In addition to excellent development, analysis and documentation skills – the role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- The successful candidate will have advanced to expert level experience with SharePoint 2007 & 2010.
- Actively use structured development methodologies and with Agile development technologies (preferably scrum) for projects, based on various technical, organizational, project and team considerations
- Develop required software using structured quality control processes
- Develop web based applications as required for the Exchange
- Maintain up-to-date technical documentation on deployments and processes and standard operating procedures
- Report on operational status at both a tactical and strategic level
- Participate in the design and delivery of complex systems and network solutions (SharePoint or otherwise)
- Participate in the design and implementation of system-level and service-level monitoring solutions
- Act as a SharePoint subject matter expert and liaison between different teams to help understand cross-functional requirements and contribute to discussions and planning as required to make those goals into reality
- Observe all information security policies, standards and procedures in the discharge of your duties
- Advanced understanding of MS SharePoint 2007 & 2010 Architecture
- Understanding of logical information architecture and SharePoint concepts of web application and sites collection
- Excellent knowledge of programming / systems analysis, as well as quality assurance, prototyping, construction, integration, and migration functions
- Demonstrable experience in supporting and troubleshooting a SharePoint technical environment
- Architect and design SharePoint implementations using best practices
- Implementation and customization of SharePoint-based solutions
- Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows and document management
- Use Microsoft NET development to extend and augment the SharePoint platform
- Unit and functional testing for all assigned deliverables
- Development of custom web parts
- Research/Policy Development and Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop, review and maintain Technology Services related policies, guidelines, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Responsible for conducting regular research and liaising with professionals, internal and external stakeholders across various industries to ensure best practices in the organization
- Carry out other responsibilities as may be assigned by Head, Technology Services Department
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, Mathematics or Physics will be a distinct advantage
- Minimum of 6 years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) as a developer/web developer (preferably at an exchange or within the financial services sector)
- Concept Development and Execution Management
- Database Administration
- Software Engineering and Development
- System Analysis and Design
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to Detail
- Inter-Personal Relations
- Strong technical documentation and self-management skills
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2019.