Assistant Operations Shift Supervisor at Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ is a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising technological innovation and total efficiency, WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers.
In 2014, WÃ&cur…
Read more about this company
Assistant Operations Shift Supervisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Ogun
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- Wärtsilä supports its customers throughout the lifecycle of their installations by optimising efficiency and performance.
- We provide the most comprehensive portfolio of services and the broadest service network in the industry, for both the energy and marine markets.
- We are committed to providing high quality, expert support and the availability of services in the most environmentally sound way possible, wherever our customers are.
- We are looking for a dedicated and highly skilled Assistant Operations Shift Supervisor for our power plants located at Ewekoro near Lagos, Nigeria.
Your work tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Operate and maintain the plant during the shift according to company policies, procedures and operation profile/plan.
- Follow all procedures and instructions related to start-up, shut-down and normal operations of the power plant systems.
- Maintain all operation records (including logs, checklists and running records) according to guidelines.
- Assist in taking corrective action during system operational disturbance.
- Communicate effectively the condition of all plant equipment, any deviation/ disturbance from the normal conditions and other performances
- to shift supervisor in charge and colleagues
- Watch over of all alarms / parameters of engines and auxiliaries, monitor and analyze the trend data related to the equipment at all time and perform proper follow-up.
- Comply with all safety regulations (including isolation, lockout and tag out) and perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices.
- Utilize all the tools, equipment and accessories in such a manner that the operating life is maximized.
- Provide for the relieving shift operator a complete handover, bringing to his/her attention any operational disturbance, malfunctions or abnormalities.
- Ensure that the work is executed at the plant according to Wartsila Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so that assigned team resources are used effectively and targets are met.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports of all plant operational parameters and data, and share with stakeholders.
- Required daily analysis of engine performance and areas of improvement
As an ideal candidate, you will have the following qualifications:
- Achieving required results in a timely fashion
- Making change happen
- Decisiveness and action orientation
- Planning and Target setting
- Developing self and others
- Communication skills
- Situational and Cultural sensitivity
- Business and Customer Focus
- Result Oriented
- HND/B.Eng./BTech in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or any related discipline.
- Several years of relevant working experience on Wärtsilä engines or similar 4-stroke engine operations.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love