Assistant Practice and Quality Assurance (APQA) Manager at EHA Clinics
EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Systems Africa Foundation is deploying innovative technology-driven modular clinics with the ability to combine several critical accelerators to dramatically scale up comprehensive primary health care access in Nigeria. We seek to forge new standards in the delivery of quality health systems and to continue expansion to meet the demand for more personalized services, comfort, and convenience while broadening and deepening the services offered.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Practice and Quality Assurance (APQA) Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: EHA Clinics
Reports to: Practice and QA Manager, Abuja
Purpose of the Position
- The Assistant Practice and QA manager is responsible for the coordination and overseeing daily administrative and clinical activities of the clinic and clinical team members to ensure compassionate, effective and efficient delivery of high-quality clinical care for patients.
- S / he is responsible for the supervision of all employed clinical support staff.
- Serve as the primary leadership communication link between the teams and departments throughout the organization.
- S / he is responsible to ensure the overall smooth day to day operations, and employee engagement.
- In addition, as an Assistant QA manager, s / he will manage and implement quality management and quality improvement programs to ensure high-quality patient experience while achieving departmental and organizational goals.
- Implement organizational policies, procedures, and standards of work.
- Develop and maintain a highly motivated and well-trained staff.
- Organize and assign duties and tasks to clinical team members.
- Monitor daily performance of clinical team members to ensure duties are completed accurately, efficiently and timely.
- Hire, develop, evaluate, and (where necessary) discipline subordinates or make recommendations in such matters.
- Provide input on the budget process and monitor the approved yearly practice budget.
- Evaluate and resolve team activities, needs, and problems on a daily or as-needed basis.
- Provide appropriate and timely communication with staff and providers.
- Oversee, facilitate and ensure staff education and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Work to establish a high level of patient flow and manage wait times.
- Resolve complaints in a diplomatic and timely manner — Identify and recommend solutions to the clinical team member and office issues or problems.
- Ensure high-quality clinical care for patients by reviewing and researching concerns or complaints and recommending corrective action as appropriate.
- Oversee staff schedules to achieve maximum productivity and adequate staffing level of the team(s).
- Conduct periodic staff meetings with clinical team members.
- Evaluate the performance of clinical team members and conduct verbal and written performance evaluations after 30 days, 90 days and annually as needed.
- Effectively present data and information to the Management team and CEO on a monthly basis.
- Oversee facility cleanliness, working with facilities on maintenance and safety issues.
- Maintain adequate clinical supplies. Ensure supply purchases are cost-efficient and within the budget. Review supply receipts in conjunction with the CEO.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all departments including, but not limited to Operations, Human Resources, IT, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide mentorship to clinical staff
- Periodic evaluation, identification of training needs and solutions to clinical staff
Quality Assurance (QA) Management:
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Implement process improvement measures related to clinical quality and standards of service.
- Evaluate clinical practices within the different departments to help maximize efficiency and optimize patient care.
- Conduct regular quality audits including chart audits and random facility audits.
- Foster a quality-focused environment for staff and patients
- Communicate performance standards and expectations to all clinic staff
- Ensure all care-related quality monitoring audits and satisfaction surveys are completed and recorded according to audit schedule
- Develop, implement and document appropriate corrective actions in areas that are not fully compliant with professional standards
- Identify real or potential quality problems and possible solutions
- Participate in practice accreditation activities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare
- 5-7 years of experience in healthcare or a closely related field
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of medical office safety, infection control policies, and regulations
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to manage a team of professionals
- Clinical competence in the area of practice
- Knowledge of and passion for primary healthcare
- Self-motivated, highly productive and positive attitude
- Organization skills and ability to multi-task various responsibilities
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. EHA Clinics is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- As this is a full-time field role, the employee must be physically and mentally fit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is all of the time required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
Application Closing Date