Associate Director, ESITA at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s in…
Read more about this company
Associate Director, ESITA
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 7 – 9 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Location: Country Office, Abuja
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Country Director
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Director Finance & Administration, the AD ESITA will provide support and maintenance to the FHI Nigeria computer and network infrastructure to ensure reasonable, stable operations.
- S/He will be responsible for all IT related equipment and software that is part of the FHI Nigeria inventory which includes all state offices.
- S/he will also ensure the smooth operation of the organization’s facilities, fleet and travel management by developing, implementing and evaluating maintenance and improvement programs as they relate to the continuous operation of the organization’s fleet, facilities and buildings.
- He/she will be responsible for effective utilization of resources including staff with diverse range of capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage network operations to include: troubleshooting connectivity problems; installing & maintaining routers; adding/terminating users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing e-mail addresses; assessing and reporting operational status; performing backups and restores; etc. Assist staff in understanding and using technology; conduct regular staff technology presentations and trainings. Ensure technology documents/certificates such as product registrations, SSL certificates, maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc. related to technology operations and/or technology services are evaluated, updated and processed. Design, develop and maintain databases, web-based applications including websites and intranets. Continuously improves the organization’s sites and Intranet; add new functionality and improve user ability to maintain without technical support.
- Analyze technology requirements and develop functional specifications.
- Provide input to technology policies, standards and procedures manual; develop and maintain related technology checklists. Ensure compliance with all software licensing agreements. Manage and safeguard software media and associated licenses. Maintain centralized software use log. Ensures for the availability, continuity and security of data and electronic information pertaining to the organization. Put in a place an effective backup strategy and ensure all daily and monthly backups of all data on the servers are performed as required.
- Work with procurement to provide technical input into purchasing and budget usage.
- Make periodic visits to field offices of all FHI Nigeria projects, and from time to time, to its partners or implementing agencies, to provide administrative and IT support, advise and build the capacity of FHI/Nigeria partners.
- Ensure planning and coordination of office space, meeting and training rooms. Oversee the plan bookings by internal and external users of building facilities.
- Implement programs that will provide efficient usage of the organization’s fleet and facilities.
- Develop fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies.
- Prepare and present periodic management reports on operating costs with regards to IT usage, travels, facilities maintenance and fleet management.
- Prepare and present management information reports concerning operational effectiveness and service levels of contractors providing maintenance, janitorial, catering and security services.
- Direct fleet-related risk management trainings, such as safety and accident prevention programs.
- Responsible for the staff that oversee the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of the entire FHI facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Develop a system that will allow periodic assessment of the physical structures of FHI and prepare assessment report for Management.
- Assign and verify completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects of FHI facilities and equipment and ensure quality of work.
- Ensure the maintenance of inventory/stock of office equipment, Furniture and Fittings, and coordination of Zonal offices inventory records, request replacements or new supplies.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use judgment on sensitive matters.
- Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, policies and procedures
- Technical understanding of office equipment and building construction and maintenance
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to execute work rapidly and with a high level of accuracy.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and systems including but not limited to Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Exchange is required Ability to troubleshoot software problems, including e-mail/internet systems.
- Ability to assist and perform software installations and upgrades as required.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis (up to 40%).
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS / BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and a minimum of 9 years relevant experience with at least 5 years of supervisory experience in operation, maintenance, IT or administration of facilities/fleet management.
- Or MS/MA in computer science, engineering or related field and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years of supervisory experience in operation, maintenance, IT or administration of facilities/fleet management.
Method of Application
- The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Interested and qualified? Go to fhi 360 on fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply