Associate Director, Gender Equality and Social Power at European Management Solutions
European Management Solutions has been providing recruitment and consulting services to the international development sector since 2005. Having staffed hundreds of projects over the years, it has grown into providing back-stopping and full project management services. Project staffed cover over 100 countries and territories, in sectors from water and sanitation to health, from education to nuclear safety.
European Management Solutions works together with dozens of consultancy and engineering firms to offer services to a large range of donors, including the European Commission, the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director, Gender Equality and Social Power
Job ID: 11014
Type of contract: permanent
Start date: asap
Travel: Post-COVID expected travel is 20-25%.
Reports to: Senior Director of Program Design and Development
Member of: the Global Programs Unit (GPU).
Duty station: flexible outside of the United States, with a preference for one of these countries:
Nigeria, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Afghanistan, South Sudan.
- We are looking for an experienced Associate Director of Gender Equality and Social Power on behalf on an INGO based in the USA operating in conflict and post-conflict countries such as Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan.
- Based on her / his experience and expertise, the Associate Director will guide the INGO in furthering its extensive women’s social power program portfolio, with a focus on gender-transformative programming in fragile and conflict-affected countries. The INGO’s Gender Equality and Women’s Social Power portfolio includes, but is not limited to: literacy awareness, building life skills, basic health education and referrals, women’s rights, agency and decision making, women’s leadership and networking, violence against women / GBV prevention, grassroots advocacy and engaging men as allies in gender equality. Cross-cutting issues include displacement and disability inclusion.
- The Associate Director is the primary point of contact for the Country Offices for supporting context-specific gender equality and social power strategies, fundraising and program implementation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, gender studies, or related field; graduate degree highly desirable
- Minimum nine years’ relevant work experience in international development, with emphasis on gender equality and women’s social power (literacy awareness, building life skills, basic health education and referrals, women’s rights and empowerment, agency and decision making, women’s leadership and networking, violence against women/GBV prevention, grassroots advocacy, displacement and disability inclusion, etc)
- At least five years in leadership roles providing technical advice on gender equality and social power issues to guide policy, planning, and delivery; offering guidance to improve gender equality and social and economic power programming for women;
- Extensive experience in creating project plans, implementing plans, managing grants and budgets;
- Experience in staff development, coaching, mentoring and building capacity with strong ability to deliver training to individuals from diverse race, ethnic, cultural, linguistic, and professional backgrounds;
- Demonstrated experience supporting fundraising initiatives, assisting in program design for grant proposals or new project concepts, finding and responding to funding opportunities;
- Successful at establishing and maintaining internal and external relationships, building trust, developing partnerships with international/regional organizations, government and private sector;
- Confidence and experience in external representation and public speaking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; working knowledge of a language of WfWI’s country teams (French, Kiswahili, Dari, Kurdish, etc.) highly desirable; knowledge of other local languages would be an advantage
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, internet, email applications
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and updated CVs to: [email protected] using “DRS ref. number 11014” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Due to the high number of applications, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only.