Associate Professor at Nile University of Nigeria
Nile University of Nigeria, is a world class university located in the heart of Nigeria, Abuja. Our university community is composed of robust, hardworking, friendly and committed staff from different nationalities all over the world that work tirelessly to help our teeming students actualize their dreams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Professor
- Associate Professor of Architecture will report to the Head of Department of Architecture. He/she will teach courses in architecture and architectural design, such as architectural environmental design, interior architecture/design, and landscape architecture and perform the below tasks.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as architectural design methods, aesthetics and design, and structures and materials.
- Evaluate and grade students’ work, including work performed in design studios.
- To teach graduate studio and lecture courses within the professional architecture design program
- contribute intellectually to the formation of this new professional program by developing curriculum; developing research and/or creative scholarship program that includes refereed publications, scholarly presentations and grantsmanship appropriate to an assistant academic level; seeking external funding; participating in innovative teaching and curriculum development; and actively engaging in professional organizations.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- A Ph.D. in Architecture
- Minimum of 10 years teaching and research experience with at least 14 publications in national and international journals.
- Regular and consistent incorporation of innovation into teaching including development and implementation of new programmes especially involving innovative methodologies.
- Candidates must possess demonstrable competence to provide academic leadership with evidence of collaborative research work with academics within the university and elsewhere.
- Administrative skills, as well as the ability to develop and lead activities and staff at the university with documented ability to organize research within the subject area for the position, recruit competent lecturers with capacity to impact and teach at strategic levels within the Department.
- Applicants must be a computer Literate with advanced skills in Microsoft Office programmes, Corel Draw etc.
- Must have membership/registration with relevant professional bodies such as NIA and ARCON
- Other attributes eligible candidates must possess include.
- Ability to design, develop and deliver a range of programmes at various levels.
- Ability to review programme design on a regular basis to ensure compliance with quality standards and academic regulations and to make alterations where appropriate.
Other attributes eligible candidates must possess include:
- Ability to identify opportunities for strategic development/improvement e.g., research projects, new courses, consultancy.
- Ability to identify (through the analysis of appropriate management information) areas requiring improved performance e.g., student numbers, student satisfaction.
- Ability to take responsibility for several key areas such as Chairing and participating in School and Institutional committees, leading projects.
- Ability to communicate and disseminate complex and conceptual ideas in a variety of ways –presentations or exhibitions at national or international conferences, reports on find.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should quote the reference number as the subject of the e-mail and send their current Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: [email protected]
- Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.