Assurance Energy – Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
In Africa we’re the largest provider of prof…
Read more about this company
Assurance Energy – Senior Associate
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reference Number: 125-NIG00222
- A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach.
- We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you will focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
- As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead, supervise, mentor, coach and evaluate engagement teams on financial audits of Energy, Utilities & mining companies using International Standards on Auditing (ISA)
- Lead accounting Advisory and other Assurance Engagements.
- Serve as effective liaison and representative between the firm and the client.
- Work harmoniously and productively within a team; providing necessary supports to superior and motivate less experienced team members to deliver their work in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Exercise sound judgment by making decisions throughout the engagement, including assessment of engagement risks, design and selection of audit procedures necessary to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluation of documentation and audit evidence received.
- Preparation and 1st level review of complex consolidated IFRS financial statements.
- Work with partners and engagement managers regarding project management, including scheduling, staffing and the engagement budget.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment.
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent)
- Must be working or have worked in a consulting/Audit firm – with 4 – 5 years professional experience in external audit of organisations in the Energy, Utilities & Mining sector
- Have deep technical knowledge and understanding of the application of relevant International Financial Reporting Standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory pronouncements that are applicable to Energy, Utilities & Mining companies
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels
- Possess the ability and maturity to resolve conflicts on engagements
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to perform and deliver on multiple commitments concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Strong team-working
- Ability to delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results
- Ability to develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Ability to review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Good listening skills.