Backend NodeJS Developer at Zeno Nigeria
Zeno is a mobile app providing mass transportation as a service via ride sharing. Our mission is to offer a reliable option for commuters to comfortably be in transit at an affordable price
We believe your transit moments should offer some comfort, a good time to relax and unwind from work. As millennials, we do things for ourselves, but we know it is great to have someone tend to you while you are on the move…, this is the experience Zeno offers you, to deliver mass transportation as a service to you at the least cost possible.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend NodeJS Developer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Zeno Nigeria is looking for a Backend NodeJS Engineer to join our Engineering team.
- Our engineering team works with the latest technology – constantly improving our codebase to make it better, more scalable, and leaner.
- We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Backend NodeJS Engineer.
- Most importantly, the applicant must be willing to work from a live-in official physical location the company has provided.
Hard Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Node.js, ExpressJs, WebSocket,
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of NodeJS file system module (fs) and server-side communication with third-parties applications
- Good understanding of MongoDB and Postgres or MySQL
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance when interacting with other applications
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Bitbucket
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals and development process and strategies (ie: software development models, TDD, unit tests, domain-driven design, etc
- We expect you to be exceptionally proficient at coding
- Provides input to the technology leadership, project management, and account teams to define deliverables and timelines.
Soft Skills Requirements:
- Ability to learn a new skill very quickly.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online