Base Supervisor, West at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client, a top-rated not-for-profit organization and a co-operative of several oil producing companies in Nigeria, set up to respond to Tier-2 oil spill needs. The Company’s aim is to further the science of protecting, preserving, and restoring the environment after oil spill, and be a leading provider of human capacity development in the space.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Supervisor, West
- The Company is looking to hire a Base Supervisor for their Western region to ensure the smooth running of the base offices and the overall organization whilst ensuring the full cooperation of all personnel in the base and working closely with the Base Superintendent.
The Base Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Supervising oil spill response planning and clean-up operations. As such, he must participate in, and report on all oil spill clean-up operations within his area of operation.
- The upkeep of the region and operations.
- Carrying out general and technical evaluation of personnel in his region.
- Managing equipment handling and maintenance in his region.
- Maintaining an inventory of all C.N.A. assets in his region.
- Developing a maintenance schedule of all C.N.A. equipment in his base in accordance with the manufacturer’s operations manual, ensuring that all equipment are in a constant state of readiness for deployment.
- Providing a monthly report of states of readiness to the Base Superintendent.
- Ensuring prompt repairs are carried out on damaged equipment.
- Demonstrating hands-on knowledge of oil spill response techniques and use of oil spill response equipment in his region.
- Ensuring that monthly drills are conducted and documented.
- Recommending oil spill equipment to be sent to site based on technical evaluation of sill characteristics, environmental conditions and location of spill.
- Providing weekly report or as required by the Base Superintendent all activities in his base.
- Qualification: A Bachelor’s degree in Science / Engineering, MO Level 2 & 3 in oil spill response and management.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years Post NYSC Experience in Oil Spill response.
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV (in PDF or Word document) on to: [email protected] using the “Base Supervisor, West” as the subject of the email.
- The subject of the email must be the title of the job as stated, in order to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.