Book-keeper at Bookminders Nigeria | HotNigerianJobs
Bookminders Nigeria, an accounting and HR firm is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Book-keeper
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Bookkeeper, your job duties include working closely with the accounting team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments.
- You are responsible for maintaining the financial records of the company by accurately recording the day to day financial transactions of the company.
Main Job Descriptions, Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Check and verify source documents such as invoices, receipts, computer printouts.
- Allocate and post financial transaction details to subsidiary books.
- Transfer data to general ledger.
- Reconcile and balance all accounts.
- Collate and analyze account data and generate financial reports.
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
- Track and maintain inventory records.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Prepare checks, payments and bank deposits.
- Comply with relevant reporting requirements.
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs.
- Collaborate with other staffs to ensure business goals are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with 1 – 3 years work experience.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Proven bookkeeping experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy including close and continual monitoring and checking of processes and work tasks.
- Work planning and management including scheduling and prioritizing work tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Efficient data collection, review and management plus good data entry skills.
- Able to identify problems quickly and accurately and implement workable solutions.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality regulations and ethical standards.
- The ability to communicate effectively with other employees.
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.