Business Development Associate at People Capacity Management
People Capacity Management is a human resources and management consulting firm located in Lagos, Nigeria. We provide services, expertise and resources to both the private and public sectors through our deep knowledge of issues specific to industries and sectors.
Business Development Associate
- Job TypeFull Time
Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- We are looking for an energetic Business Development (BD) Associate to help drive our sales and grow the business.
- The BD Associate will attract new clients and build solid relationships with them while maintaining existing relationships.
- Other duties will include market research, developing business strategies and pitches, managing a variety of projects, and identifying new business opportunities.
- The successful applicant will be resourceful, organized and motivated to increase sales, enhance the company’s reputation, and look for new and creative ways to market our offerings. A background in sales or marketing is strongly desirable.
- Familiarize yourself with the company’s vision and mission, seeking to accomplish set goals and objectives.
- Conducting market research and identifying potential clients.
- Cultivating strong relationships with new clients, while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Collating and maintaining client information in the database.
- Working closely with staff across departments to implement growth strategies.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies, client service and retention plans, and analyzing sales data to inform or update marketing strategies.
- Assist with drafting business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference material, and other documents as required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Identify new business opportunities and partners.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences (Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, or related field).
- 3 years’ relevant work experience in business development or similar field preferred
- HR consulting experience would be an added advantage.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Friendly and personable demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and relevant software.
- Good research, planning and reporting skills are a must – as you’ll be reporting to higher management and even board level on a regular basis.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.