Business Development Executive – Senior Manager, Government and Public Sector Accounts at Ernst & Young (EY)
Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Executive – Senior Manager, Government and Public Sector Accounts
Ref No: NIG0003L
- This client centric Business Development Executive’s primary role is to drive the EY account management framework from account planning to opportunity management working with either the account team or service lines.
- This includes leveraging the firm’s key sales tools, initiatives and cross-functional services to clients and new business opportunities. The Business Development Executive is accountable for sales and revenue growth.
- They will have a successful track record for developing relationships at the “C” level as well as for working with and winning large, complex accounts.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience selling into Government and Public sector.
Some Key Activities Would Be:
Working with the account team to achieve the goals for revenue, margin and sales/pipeline
- Account planning and the account strategy
- Pipeline execution, deal review, pricing and negotiation strategies
- Engaging with engagement teams in the field to support them on their most important pursuits
- Developing broad and deep client relationships
- Supporting the account team to create and execute a plan to develop critical business relationships across the account
Your Key Responsibilities
- Drive the EY account management framework from account and revenue planning (strategy) through execution (client meetings and business development cycle).
- Work with relevant team leaders and leverages firm resources to identify and drive new business opportunities with firm clients and prospective clients.
- Drives executive relationship meetings and discussions.
- Facilitates business development through client co-development sessions, face-to-face meetings and leadership of all business development activities.
- Leads strategy formulation and execution of tactical plans.
- Conducts client-facing activities including attending and conducting meetings.
- Conducts internal activities including driving the business development and pursuit process; assisting in assembling account teams, subject matter specialists and support; developing account plans; attending and conducting account meetings; participating in the proposal process; managing business development efforts; coaching staff; and owning and managing the business development pipeline.
- Addresses issues/concerns regarding solution offerings and assists in fee negotiations to successfully bring deals to closure.
What we look for
- We’re interested in professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people.
- Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Ten to 15 years of business development and business development management experience within the government and public sector
- A proven record for selling complex services and solutions
- Proven ability to effectively manage a number of accounts and a business development pipeline
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Economics, Finance or Business 2.1 in the 1st degree
- Project management skills, plan and an ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience of managing and coaching others
Ideally, you’ll also have:
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. You will have the flexibility and freedom to outline and manage your work plan and therefore have complete ownership of your role. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and continuous professional career development and initiatives designed to promote your personal and social well-being. These include:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted