Business Development Manager at PPC Limited
At PPC Limited we are committed to providing integrated engineering solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations while conforming to all applicable industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The BDM will be responsible for the planning and execution of mid & long-term channel strategy for the Power Unit within the assigned territory. He/She is expected to act as the CEO of the territory taking entrepreneurial initiatives in delivering superior value to customers and for the organization.
- The BDM Locates and proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners/ accounts; discovering and exploring opportunities. Developing leads and opportunities to order intake and sales, while ensuring optimal coverage of territory as well as sustainable and profitable growth for PPC.
Sales to Allocated Territory:
- Responsible for total sales results (of all Lines of Business) and (Customer Services) of PPC Power within the assigned territory.
- Maintain a healthy funnel of opportunities to be closed month on month.
- Own the forecast process including funnel maintenance of the channel in the assigned territory.
- Participate and drive the yearly performance review, target setting, sales plan preparation and timely contract renewal with each Key Account within the assigned territory.
- Identify new business, channel opportunities and customer needs in the assigned territory to ensure growth.
Partner Relationship Management:
- Building, managing, and leveraging relationships with partners.
- To liaise with all PPC partners (OEMs) for technical and commercial information, pricing and training on all new products.
- Ensure optimal use of the OEMs channel partner available tools.
- Responsible for Product positioning, territory / account management and Product specialty.
- Explore, Develop and Maintain strategic relationship with key accounts within the territory under the guidance of the General Manager.
- Negotiate with potential Accounts / Customers, Channel Partners special deals, pricing, timing, service compensation in line with PPC policy with Guidance by the General manager.
- Maintain a healthy data base of accounts and ensure optimal relationship management of such accounts within the territory.
- Provide input for the region and national business planning exercise: market trends, competitor behavior, potential projects and other relevant business information.
- Develop and maintain up to date market intelligence on available/potential opportunities, competition, threats within assigned territory and report same promptly.
- Deploy strategies and tactical plans for the Direct and Indirect sales channel based on customer needs synchronized with PPC’s Power BU Strategic Plan.
- Candidates should possess Bachelor;s Degree in Mechanical / Metallurgical Engineering.
- 7 years Business development or Sales experience working in Power or MEP Companies.
Technical Skills Required:
- Product knowledge & Training.
- Engineering experience and expertise.
- Market research and study.
- Selling skills.
- Solution selling skills and key account management.
- Driving Skills.
- Communication/Presentation Skills.
Application Closing Date
22nd April, 2021.