Business Development Strategist
Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
The Business Development Strategist will work on HSDC360’s new business efforts in Africa through a mix of regular and on-demand tasks. Under the guidance of the Country Director, the Strategist will work to win local business, as well as provide support to other business efforts.
· Facilitate winning new business in Nigeria and other business units. Related subtasks include
· Lead and manage the development of proposals across market segments – donor, foundation, private sector and Government of Nigeria.
· Manage interdepartmental coordination with Program, Operations, Awards and Finance team for proposal development.
· Develop and recommend short-term and long-term strategies for business expansion through identifying new business in Nigeria
· Proactively tracks and engages with market segments to identify business opportunities
· Provide proposal inputs to proposals managed by other business units to include but not limited to identification and engagement of local partner, research and proposal draft reviews
· Facilitate field research for proposal development
· Conduct on-line background/contextual research and analysis of relevance to proposal opportunities.
· Generate standard monthly reports and customized monthly reports for the knowledge management team
· Cultivate strong relationships with potential clients, while maintaining existing client relationships
· Track data, collate and maintain client information as needed
· Other duties as specified by the Business Improvement Manager and other assigned authorities.
· Ensure that the Country Office has a comprehensive Business Development Strategy in place, which is in line with the Country Strategy, and is implemented and monitored effectively.
· Position Country Office to successfully win and manage medium and large grants, including support management of Country Portfolio and setting of financial targets
· Bachelor’s Degree in Development Practice, Social Science, Political Science, International Relations or relevant field; an advanced degree is a plus
· Minimum 6 years’ experience in international development, with solid experience in at least two priority sectors: education, protection, humanitarian, child rights governance, health and nutrition
· Demonstrated experience in business development in the development sector, inclusive of proposal development for donor organizations like USAID, DFID, World Bank, FCO
· Proven track record in writing and producing winning bids and proposals for institutional donors, corporates / private sector and others
· Strong understanding and experience with institutional donor funding mechanisms and contract regulations.
· Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
· Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million-dollar project budgets.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with Job Title as the subject, E.g “Business Development Strategist”.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2020
Address your Cover Letter to:
The Recruitment Team,
Idmibok International (360HSDC),
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.