Business Intelligence Specialist at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Intelligence Specialist
Job Tpye: Full time
Reporting To: Business Intelligence Lead
- Support the business by providing technical and analytical expertise during all phases of business intelligence and analytical solution development and life cycle.
- Provide programming, artificial intelligence, statistical and predictive modeling to meet institutional needs and objectives.
- Lead and participate in business intelligence development initiatives including data warehouse, data visualization and analytics/predictive modeling efforts.
- Designs, develops, automates, and supports complex applications to extract, transform, and load data from multiple sources into accessible and performant structures that support analytic needs.
- Develop and set business reporting requirements for BI and data analytics tools
- Develops or modifies data models, ETL processes, and BI tool solutions; and ensures integrity and security of institutional data.
- Serve as architect of data mart/business intelligence projects. Work with analysts, programmers, IT colleagues, business process owners, and clients to determine scope and requirements for business intelligence and analytical solutions.
- Perform business report curation and define business data models for future ready data structuring within IE
- Identifies and manages interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations
- Develop technical infrastructure for data mart/business intelligence initiatives.
- Documenting data structure and contents in a data warehouse and meta-data storage.
- Create technical documentation for BI interface
- Lead mid-sized to large technical, business and artificial intelligence projects.
- Provide operational support for business intelligence solutions and respond to changes required by upgrades, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Collaborate with both Technical and Commercial teams in identifying potential new opportunities from insights derived from Ikeja Electric customer data
- Takes responsibility for creating technical documentations for BI tools
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
- 1st degree in any of the following disciplines – Engineering and/or Computer Science/Decision Science/Programming discipline
- At least 2-4 years’ experience with design, development, automation, and support of applications to extract, transform, and load data
- Proficient in relational database and programming languages – SQL, Python.
- Demonstrated experience in data warehousing and data mart technologies and concepts for BI.
- Experience with programming, SQL and data modelling, data warehouse development
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task effectively.
- Good Verbal communication & interpersonal Skills.
- Attention to Detail
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2021.