Business Manager at First Business Alliance (FBA)
First Business Alliance (FBA) was born out of the desire to redefine the office experience and to create spaces for the modern individual. With thoughtful consideration of the evolving nature of work, we create nurturing and collaborative communities that empower our clients to do their best work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our company is looking for a skilled Business manager to lead and supervise the work of our employees. The ideal candidate will be in charge of designing and implementing business strategies and managing all day-to-day operations to guarantee company efficiency.
- Superb interpersonal and leadership skills are vital for this role, as good teamwork is important for our business success. Suitable candidate should also be an excellent written and verbal communicator and possess the ability to identify opportunities for sustainable business growth.
- He / she must possess a broad knowledge of finance, operations, sales, marketing and human resource management and should be able to coordinate processes across the organization.
- Duties will include sales presentations and product demonstrations, as well as negotiating contracts with potential clients.
- To be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics. Previous experience in a sales role is an advantage.
- Propose new business ideas to encourage business growth.
- Manage new projects with regards to expansion plans.
- Encourage new business partnerships and collaborations that assures longevity of the organization.
- Encourage cost cutting techniques to reduce company overheads.
- Manage entire team to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Design and implement business growth and continuity strategies.
- Ensure the company has sufficient resources to achieve its objectives.
- Assess overall company performance.
- Coordinate weekly meetings with all domains.
Human Resources Management:
- Set KPIs and measure results monthly to determine areas of improvement.
- Develop incentives and provide staff training opportunities.
- Recruit, train, discipline and appraise job results.
- Communicate values, strategies and assign accountabilities.
- Update staff work schedules, annual leave, out of office and sick leave schedules.
- Ensure all staff adhere to FBA Employee handbook and contract.
- Draft contracts for employments and termination.
Client Relationship Management:
- Collaborate with clients to foster good business relationship.
- Build rapport with prospective customers to anticipate their office needs.
- Ensure clients complaints and feedback are handled professionally.
Sales and Marketing Management:
- Approve sales strategies to ensure business profitability.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team to improve brand awareness and patronage.
- Approve all marketing Plans, materials, budget, and targets.
- Encourage business partnerships for growth.
- Help to determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Approve negotiations for all contracts with prospective clients.
Communication with directors and shareholders:
- Engage in weekly reporting to the CEO.
- Identify and discuss potential market trends and threats.
- Prepare End of year business performance report.
- Organise and coordinate annual general meetings to report overall business performance and Business plan for the new business year.
- Work closely with company legal representative to ensure ethical business practices are continued.
- Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies.
- Work closely with Tax consultants to ensure the business adheres to all government policies regarding Tax remittance, Company audits and business regulations.
- Maintain business policies and processes.
- Ensure proper management of all day-to-day activities.
- Work closely with the operations team to achieve client satisfaction and adherence to client’s contracts.
- Ensure all communication on behalf of the company are professional.
- Developing comprehensive company budgets and perform periodic budget analyses to measure results.
- Allocating financial resources
- Set year to date financial targets and allocate targets to various business components.
- Interpret and analyse financial data for the purpose of decision making.
- Approve all end of month requisitions and present requisitions to the CEO.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics or other related fields.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a management position.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding leadership abilities.
- Working knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations.
- Demonstrable analytical thinking and business insight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Top negotiating skills.
- Ability to work under intense pressure.
- Ability to work under no supervision.
- Must be creative.
- Must have self-confidence.
- Must have passion and commitment for the job.
- Must understand that this is a highly confidential role.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.