Camp Manager (National Position)
Job position- Camp Manager
Work location– Ngala, Borno State.
Reporting to– Project Manager
Supervision of– CCCM Focal Point, CCCM Monitors
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, role-holder coordinates camp level activities, implements project plans, manages camp activities and ensures reports are done in a timely manner.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities **
· Liaises with sector partners in the implementation of effective camp activities and service provision (i.e. camp planning, development of facilities, schools, shelter, WASH) and ensures plans are shared among partners and community members to avoid issues, delays and confusion among stakeholders.
· Works closely with Shelter Lead for site planning and infrastructure development such as drainage and waste disposal, and encourage collaboration with WASH partners to ensure HH are supported with appropriate number of WASH facilities, as per Sphere standards.
· Conducts service monitoring across sectors in the camp to share a holistic understanding of services and standards in the camp.
· Co-Chairs the CCCM Coordination meetings with CCCM Monitor (FP), addressing each sector, field project and issues, developing action points and assigning agency/person responsible, following up to ensure matter was resolved.
· Ensures information dissemination and effective communication between agencies and the camp residents. As well as, information and complaint mechanism as per procedures.
· Schedules all activities and events on the master calendar and post it on the information board. Update the information board when needed and ensure that the written language(s), design and information is understood and culturally appropriate.
· Organizes daily, weekly and monthly assessments of camp services and sectors, planned and ongoing field projects including overall assessment of camp conditions and population well-being, following the Camp Management Checklist.
· Ensures – through clear weekly and monthly work plans –field assessment activities are carried out in a timely, effective and technically sound manner.
· Supports the collection of information/data about vulnerability, protection needs and concerns of the targeted population.
· Bachelor degree in social sciences, international relations, economic or any similar diploma.
· Minimum of 3 (three) year in humanitarian work “desirable”
· Minimum of 2 (two) years in CCCM and 1 (one) year experience in a managerial position (Desirable).
· Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation etc.)
· Strong managerial and organizational skills
· Fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa will be considered a plus
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 2nd March 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.