Community Health, Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH) is a faith based organization working in the Catholic province of Jos, which is comprised of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Plateau, Taraba and Yobe states of Nigeria. The programme has a mandate of capacity building to promote integral human development and providing services to the JDPCs and all people irrespective of their religion, race or gender in the states mentioned.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Based Transfer (CBT) Assistant
Location: Fune LGA, Yobe
Contract length: 5 Months with the possibility of extension
Start date: As soon as possible.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive lists of HHs beneficiaries captured for cash assistance by the CBT Officer;
- Prepare supporting documents for the release of cash transfer;
- Provide regular verbal feedback on field observations and verify findings to the Cash Distribution Officer;
- To provide daily distribution reports to the Cash Distribution Officer, including accurate figures of distributions done and challenges encountered, in the agreed format;
- Ensure proper and safe filing of all cash distribution related documents (receipts, pictures, field tracking tools, hard signed copies and scanned copies).
- Assist the CBT officer to ensure period of cash assistance is tracked for all selected beneficiaries,
- Assist the CBT Officer to monitor redemption process in vendor’s shops.
- Assist the CBT officer and participants in conducting post distribution monitoring (PDM) and market price monitoring (MPM).
- Actively participates in targeting, SCOPE registration and card distribution
- Assist the CBT Officer in writing monthly report.
- Mobilize and sensitize project participants on monthly basis before every redemption.
- Timely prepare and submit field reports.
- Properly engage with stakeholders in conformity with JDPH core values.
- Perform any other official duties assigned by the CBT Officer or his/hers designate.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc or HND in Political Science, Finance, Business or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in related field.
- Good knowledge of protection principle in humanitarian settings, of vulnerability criteria and of the context in northern Nigeria.
- Previous experience in carrying out cash assistance.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge:
- Honesty and strong commitment.
- Accuracy in record checking.
- IT skills including MS Office & Accounting applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of beneficiaries at all times;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player;
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible with working hours and able to handle pressure well.
- Language Skills: Good communicator in English, both written and oral. Good command of the Hausa language.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the email.