Cash Distribution Officer at the Community Health Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH)
Community Health Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH) is a National Non-Governmental Organization working in the Catholic province of Jos, aimed at uplifting the living standard of rural and urban communities through capacity building and rendering lifesaving interventions in partnership with communities for a better society and good governance. Over the years, we and our partners have continued to provide developmental and humanitarian assistance to the most vulnerable people in rural and crisis affected locations. We are committed to providing emergency relief services, empowering communities to be more resilient, embracing a culture of peaceful co-existence and social justice for all.
In accomplishing our objectives, the JDPH will be carrying out General Food Distributions (GFD) through Cash Based Transfers (CBT) and Blanket Supplementary Program (BSFP) in Fune LGA, of Yobe state. This is aimed at preventing already vulnerable House Holds from falling into starvation and malnutrition, focusing particularly on young children 6 – 23/24 months and pregnant and lactating women and girls (PLW/G).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Distribution Officer
Job ID: JDPH/FSL/NT/2021/012
Location: Damaturu & Fune LGA, Yobe state
Employment Category: Contract
Open to Expatriates: No
- The Cash Distribution Officer is responsible for processing cash beneficiary lists approved and authorized by the relevant stakeholders. S/he deals with the cash transfer agents and follow-up on beneficiary receipts for monthly reports.
- He/She is responsible for ensuring that day to day documentation and financial management functions are performed in accordance with JDPH policies, agreed Standard Cash Operating Procedures (SOPs). The Cash Distribution Officer supports and contributes to the organization and implementation of all distribution activities.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of Cash Distribution Assistants
- Prepare and share beneficiary list with Cash Distribution Assistants and Cash Transfer Agents (CTA);
- Support the CTAs in developing timely distribution plans;
- Monitor the cash transfer agents in processing the disbursements;
- Ensure beneficiaries are respected and cared for during distribution activities;
- Prioritize vulnerable cases during distribution and provide needed support; Refer protection cases, when identified, to the protection team;
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use; ensure filing adheres to internal protocols and is regularly maintained;
- Attend cluster meetings when requested;
- Deal with complaints or issues related to Cash
- Participate in various post distribution monitoring surveys by the JDPH M&E team;
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing distributions and cash activities and report on unmet needs and gaps;
- Report on unmet needs and gaps in Cash Based Transfers to the Program Coordinator.
- Carry out the daily / weekly / monthly work plan as directed by the Program Coordinator.
- Manage conflicts when they arise and suggest possible solutions.
Qualifications And Experience
- University degree in Economics, International Cooperation, Social Sciences (bachelors as a minimum);
- Experience in emergency program implementation (minimum 2/3 years) focused on cash and/or in-kind distributions (assessments, distributions, monitoring);
- Experience of coordinating activities across locations and with reporting;
- Must be female
- Prior experience in working in complex emergency settings, including internal displacement settings;
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with partners and government counterparts;
- Proven experience in staff supervision and remote management;
- Strong experience with assessment tools and systems
Technical Expertise, Skills And Knowledge:
- Admin/finance skills;
- Good computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular Excel knowledge is a must);
- Representation and negotiation skills, demonstrated interpersonal skills, strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to plan ahead and stress-resilient;
- Additional qualities: ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions.
- Language Skills: Fluency in written and spoken English and a good command of the Hausa language.
Application Closing Date
12pm 11th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post in English to: [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Given the urgency of vacancy, the position may be filled before the due date.
- For general information about the JDPH, kindly visit our website on www.jdph.org