Chef De Partie at LSG Sky Chefs Things Remembered Services FZE
The LSG Group is the world’s largest provider of onboard services. It has presence in 211 airports in 50 countries. In 2018, the companies belonging to the LSG Group achieved consolidated revenues of approximately € 3.0 billion.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chef De Partie
Employment Type: Full Time
The Role Statement
- The job incumbent is responsible for managing a team of workers and running a specific section of the kitchen which they are responsible for keeping organized so that meals are prepared and served according to the highest standards and quality set by the Company and specifications set by the customers; and keeps up to date with new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
Food Preparation and Service:
- To ensure all mise en place is always freshly prepared and on time
- To ensure that all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and correct quantity
- To have full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
- To estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards and specifications are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times
- Ensure that dishes are prepared within deadlines
Food Safety, Storage and Hygiene:
- Follow good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature
- Check periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty
- Greet and provide a high level of customer service to customers and fellow employees
- Effectively manage all complaints and ensure that processes are put in place to prevent future recurrences
- Adhere and ensure that all subordinates adhere to all CCP’s and CP’s.
- Adhere and ensure that all subordinates adhere to all company safety principles and guidelines
- Assess quality control and adhere to company’s service standards
- Maintain confidentiality on the company’s business affairs at all times
- Adhere to the weekly staff rota and ensure punctuality
- Adhere to all staff and company policies
- Actively participate in training related to role.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment
- Establish and maintain effective inter-departmental working relationships
- Follow instructions and recommendations from immediate superiors to complete daily tasks
- Attend all required meetings when and where required
- Provide accurate and timely information when and where required
- Communicate courteously
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs/ commis chefs
- To produce own work in accordance with deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving set goals
- Support and facilitate control on food cost
- Guide and train subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Culinary Diploma or its equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience cooking in a well-established restaurant or full-service hotel and a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge and experience of air flight catering is desirable
- Measurement/numeric skills is desirable
- Good understanding of catering principles and regulations
- Communication skills, customer orientation
- Good leadership skills.
- Understand and have mastery of intercultural sensitivity
- Must be fluent in English
Application Closing Date
19th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.