Chief Accountant at Westfield Consulting Limited
Westfield Consulting Limited – Founded in January 2012, by a team of forward thinking Nigerians with over 40 years of cumulative work experience in management and consultancy, Westfield Consulting is a provider of Human Resource and Strategic Management Services. Our innovativeness and excellence in service delivery has made us a first choice to our growing clientele in various sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Prepares asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Review and implement financial policies, budget and monthly, quarterly and annual financial report preparation.
- Serves as intermediary between all statutory financial bodies and the company.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports .
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Creating and processing invoices.
- Tracking organization expenses.
- Processing refunds.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backup.
- Maintains financial security by following internal control.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Manage accounting activities including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable with excellent organizational skills.
- Ultimately responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial transactions and procedures.
- Communicating with clients regarding billing and payments.
- To continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the organization, by educating workers about cost benefit.
- Any other duty assigned by management
- Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
Key Performance Indicator:
- Timely presentation of reports to end users.
- Savings on income leakages.
- Error free accounting feedback.
Application Closing Date
3rd May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as subject.