Chief Engineer at Team Offshore Nigeria Limited
Team Offshore Nigeria Limited was Established in 2017, it is a 100% locally owned marine and offshore service company. We pride ourselves in hiring predominantly local workforce and boast a fleet of 14 operating in-country vessels. All of which are Nigerian flagged and in Bareboat Register with Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency – NIMASA.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief Engineer
- The Chief Engineer is the head of the Technical department.
- They are directly responsible to the master with functional responsibility to the Managing Director of the Company and the advise of the Captain on all Engineering matters.
- Their primary responsibility must be the safe operation of all machinery, safe working practices within their department and the safety of the ship.
- They must ensure that those areas of ISM that apply th their department are conscientiously maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and effectively operating to the highest possible standards, all technical machinery and equipment including main, auxiliary and domestic machinery. These standards must never fall below part of the company, the classification society and the relevant flag state.
- Implementing and maintaining the vessel’s planned maintenance system, plant history and inventory system.
- Monitoring the condition of fixed firefighting and mobile firefighting appliances within technical spaces, ensuring they are in constant readiness.
- Monitoring the individual training of technical personnel in their operational duties.
- Giving the Master a positive report prior to each departure, that the vessel is ready for sea regarding the responsibilities of their department. Central to this report, they shall identify thet the ship’s main and auxiliary machinery is in a suitable condition to proceed to sea and keep the Master promptly and fully informed of any occurrence in a Technical space that might affect the navigation of the essential services in the ship.
- Monitoring the fuel economy of the vessel, consulting frequently with the captain with regard to passage planning and the setting and regulation of economical speeds.
- Ensuring that the policies laid down by the company are executed and personally verifying that all officers within their department are properly instructed and aware of their duties and responsibilities relating to the Safety Management System.
- The effective maintenance of all watertight doors
- The effective maintenance of all arrangements and equipment provided for pollution prevention and the supervision of pollution prevention measures during bunkering and bunker transfer.
- The disposal of sludge, bilge water, oily water and exhausted oils in accordance with international, national and company requirements and instructions.
- Issuing “Chief Engineer’s Standing Orders” for the safe and efficient technical operation of the ship. A copy of these standing orders will always be available in the Engine Room or Engine Control Room.
- Providing a “Chief Engineer’s Order Book” to be kept in the Engine Room or Engine Control Room, which will be read and the orders signed by each Engineer taking over the watch.
- Ensuring that all Technical Department Personnel are familiar with their own emergency duties and that adequate training is given and drills are completed for firefighting, power failure, damage etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- DP Maintenance (Reg II / 2) Vessel >500 grt and ocean going vessel
- Engine Room Management Certificate
- Minimum experience of 6 months sea time in rank and sea time on similar type vessels and engine.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in offshore oil and gas industry
- Good understanding of English Language
- Evidence of registration with NIMASA (Reg Number required)
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.