Chief Operating Officer at VPD Money
VPD.MONEY is one of Nigeria’s leading digital banking platforms that provides its users lifestyle financial services unifying wallet and digital banking experience in order to bridge the gap between Africa and the global e-commerce market. Enabling connectivity that drives performance powered by individuals, African – International SMEs, and the diaspora community seeking to trade or complete transactions in/with Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Competencies, Capabilities and Key Responsibilities
To succeed at this role, the following will be expected:
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Saddled with the primary duties of oversees company’s daily operations in all business areas for effective goal actualization
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes by evaluating performance, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Provides mentoring to all employees, including management
- Coordinates with human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees
- Ensure an effective and efficient operating model is maintained
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Prepare and submit monthy, quarterly ,bi- annually and annual operational reports ,budget to the CEO
- Leverage the advantages of bringing together the operational expertise and drive through more efficient ways of working
- Ensure strategic objectives shaped at Executive Management level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money
Key Skills: What We Require;
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role in a Fintech environment
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Possesses requisite experience in HR frameworks, Financial management, Marketing -Business Development ,Customer Service, Legal Compliance and Operations
- Financial reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management
- Strong general IT infrastructure knowledge
- Financial planning industry knowledge
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Advanced degree required, ideally a Post Graduate degree or an MBA, with a minimum of 10 years strong business management operational experience across a range of business disciplines ideally, has worked in a senior management role for 5+ years in a financial – technology organization.
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the subject line “COO”