Chief Security Officer – CSO at Sun Metal Industries Limited
Sun Metal Industries was incorporated and registered in March 2008 to engage in the manufacture of ferrous metals for the domestic construction market in Nigeria and non-ferrous metal products like Aluminium, Copper and Lead for export.
Sun Metal Industries has grown to become the leading exporter in West Africa to countries such as Japan and Germany where global leaders in automobile manufacturing utilize our aluminium alloys. Sun Metal Industries received the prestigious NIS (Standards Organisation of Nigeria) Award and obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification from SANAS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer – CSO
Location: Kirikiri, Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Chief Security Officer is responsible for the safety of life and property at the Jetty as directed the management.
- Builds a comprehensive information security management program that ensures effective information security practices and safety of company property.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster information security awareness within the department.
- Evaluates security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and applies tools to mitigate risk as necessary.
- Manages security incidents and events involving company property and environment
- Ensure that business operations continuity, risk management and access controls needs of the facility are addressed.
- Ensures the organization security operatives complies with the administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
- Collaborates with organization management, line managers, and Corporate Compliance officer to establish governance for the security program.
- Serves in operational meetings for security compliance.
- Establishes and administers a process for investigating and acting on security incidents resulting in operational breaches.
- Partners with Admin Officer to ensure consistent sanctions for security violations
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state security laws, licensing and certification requirements and accreditation standards.
- Serves as a security consultant to management at the Jetty.
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
- The candidate MUST residence within Apapa – Lagos state
- B.Sc / HND degree or any relevant field of study.
- Knowledge and experience in state and federal information security laws and all other applicable regulations.
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Recommended Security certification in related security professional.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals.
- Good verbal communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A high level of integrity and trust.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.