Child Caregiver at Medecins Sans Frontieres Belgium
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Caregiver
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking care of the infant / child during the day / after school and carrying out tasks specified by the parents, following at all times all hygiene standards and security rules. When requested, preparing food and planning their daily activities
- Taking all possible measures to prevent accidents in home /external activity locations. Immediately informing the parents in case of accidents (injuries, falling, intoxication, etc.) and immediately providing the first aid and calling the medical doctor if required. Checking the health of the child (fever, insect bites, injuries, etc.) when called for
- Practicing self-education, learning child development methods and practicing developing games with infants/children based on their age.
- Looking after the cleanliness of the infant/child, including clothes and shoes as well the cleanliness of the room, domestic appliances, toys and other items surrounding the infant/child. When required, ironing child/children’s clothes
- Dressing the infant/child appropriately and taking care of the toilet needs of the child. When applicable, changing diapers regularly and giving a bath during the day and when requested, during the evening
- Using the home and kitchen appliances accurately and carefully to prepare proper meals for the infant / child
- The infant / child should never be left alone including while in the bath.
- When staying at home while parents are out, child minder should not open the door to unauthorized people.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Clean bedrooms, bathrooms, toilets and other rooms
- Do the laundry iron clothes and other housekeeping activities.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Pedagogical education, nursing education is an asset.
- Experience in working with children in childcare facilities or in families.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application, including cover letter, resume and copy of relevant certificates and NYSC certificate / Exemption Letters to: [email protected]
Send Hard Copies to:
MSF Belgium Office,
No 14, Tennessee Crescent,
Off Panama Crescent,
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview
- MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.