Child Caregivers at a Montessori Preschool – Moyosola Olalekan
Moyosola Olalekan – Our client, a Montessori Preschool located in Lekki, Lagos State is currently recruiting qualified candidates who are reliable, trustworthy, and innovative to join their excellent school in the capacity below:
Job Title: Child Caregiver (Expatriate Asians, Filipinos, etc)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Caregiver will be responsible for planning and follow a daily care schedule with clients, modify care plans as prescribed by medical professionals, and report on any new conditions or needs that may arise.
- To succeed as a Caregiver you should be patient, empathetic, and have strong people skills. You should be observant and committed to making your client feel safe and very comfortable.
- The ideal candidate must also be able to naturally have fun and display an enthusiastic attitude in order to thrive as caregivers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Child caregivers look after the basic needs of children, such as dressing, feeding, and supervising their playtime.
- Provide a beneficial learning environment and a safe “home away from home” for little ones.
- Child caregivers’ schedules differ greatly, they must be able to work flexible hours so that parents can drop off and pick up their children before and after work.
- Provide a structured and caring environment where they plan, supervise, and implement a structured learning environment that allows young children to explore their interests.
- Help young children learn through creative group activities; reading, playing with the kids as well as building good manners and social skills.
- Maintain child hygiene, a safe, sanitary, and clean environment for the children under their care; Change diapers of infants or toddlers and assist with potty training.
- Throughout the day as kids play, child caregivers make sure their environment stays neat.
- Prepare and organize mealtimes and snacks. Child caregivers should ensure that the children they take care of have enough to eat.
- Supervise play and rest for healthy psychological development of children and combine playtime with other instructional strategies to aid their development.
- Caregivers would create routines to make sure that children have a balanced amount of physical activity, rest, and playtime.
- Caregivers monitor for any safety concerns when children are playing with each other.
- Communicate with staff and parents and carefully watching for any signs of emotional or developmental issues with children.
- Bring to the attention of a child’s parents or the appropriate team leader when they notice something amiss in child development.
- Child caregiver is to create a positive relationship with parents, children, and other staff, and engage in active communication to help keep children safe and make them feel cared for.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Further education may be beneficial.
- Job experience and CPR training may be necessary
- A professional and friendly attitude.
- A willingness to work flexible hours.
- 3 – 5 years Experience.
$700 and above monthly.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2021.