Civic Education Teacher at Jesuit Memorial College (JMC)
Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is a Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in the Sosoliso plane crash on 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civic Education Teacher
Location: Mbodo Aluu, Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Civic Education Teacher will plan, prepare and deliver instructions in Civic Education in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy for Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need to know in everyday life in relation to Civic Education.
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B.Ed / B.A / BSc Degree in Government / Public Administration or Political Science or its equivalent is required.
- Any Higher Degree or qualification, especially in the field of Civic Education is an advantage.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience in a similar role. Any other experience relating to Civic Education is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills,
- Good command of the English Language,
- A team player,
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision,
- Proficiency in the use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- A good understanding of adolescent psychology,
- Good interpersonal skills,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and letters of Attestation from their referees (in Microsoft Word formats) and scanned credentials by email to "the Human Resources Manager" via: [email protected] and copied to "the Principal" via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 27th July, 2022.