College Librarian at the Federal College of Education (Technical), Umunze
The Federal College of Education (Technical), Umunze, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
Job Title: College Librarian – CONTPCASS 09
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer by statute. He is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration of the College Library and Coordination of the Library Services in the Teaching Units of the College.
Among others, some specific duties of the College Librarian include:
- Forming overall library policy, contacts and liaising with Departments on book requirements.
- Preparation of library budgets.
- Giving professional advice on Library matters.
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from timetotime.
- A candidate with 18 years cognate experience. Must have a minimum of MLS with at least relevant publications in Journals and Textbooks equivalent tothatofa Chief Lecturer isa MUST.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names, surname underlined.
- Marital status and number of children, including the age of each.
- Date and place of birth, local Government Area and State of Origin.
- Current postal address and Permar3ent home address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualification and distinctions with dates.
- Membership of Professional Association Bodies
- Work experiences in chronological sequence.
- Present Employer statue and salary
- Extra-curricular actives.
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the present employer.
Applications with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education (Technical),
P.M.B. 0189, Umunze,
- Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
- Appointment is by tenure of five years
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview