Commercial and Procurement Manager at Rukatai Limited
Rukatai Limited is a Procurement and Supply company with head office situated in Port Harcourt. We acquire goods and services on behalf of our clients at the best possible cost to meet our client’s needs in terms of quality, time and location. We are seeking to engage a qualified Head of Commercial and Procurement to purse market expansion and grow exi…
Read more about this company
Commercial and Procurement Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 – 7 years
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain  , Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- Commercial (Business Development, Sales & Marketing)
- Develop new business strategies and revenue streams for the company.
- Strengthen existing customer relationships.
- Ensure successful closure of business transactions.
- Manage and Maintain existing customer relationship database through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face, cold calling on business owners, email, and networking.
- Champion the introduction of our new Logistics service line to existing and new customers.
- Establish and manage sales and sourcing executives; set, agree and manage performance against agreed revenue and margin budgets;
- Proactively lead the research, to identify and target prospective clients through the use of existing and growing network of clients and contacts.
- Prepare and submit quotes to customers using QuickBooks
- Prepare and submit weekly activity report.
- Management of client requirements and identification of further opportunities.
- Maintaining profitable relationships with existing clients.
- Contact potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings.
- Ensure that all enquiries/complaints from all channels (email, website, phone call) are handled with swift response.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, to get quotes.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Interview and hire staff and oversee staff training.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Administer on-line purchasing systems.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant experience
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales manager or a relevant role
- Exposure/knowledge of purchasing & sourcing
- Ability to communicate and present deals and proposals effectively to clients
- Ability to prepare and deliver an excellent sales pitch
- Ability to interact with clients and build relationships
- Ability to close deals with prospects
- Ability to influence the clients and win them over
- Proficient in the use of modern technology and media for carrying out research
- Ability to generate and develop new strategy
- Ability to understand the Energy, Oil & Gas, EPC and Logistics industry
- Ability to effectively advertise our services and bargain well with clients
- Purchasing experience
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Hands-on experience with productivity software (e.g. QuickBooks, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, HubSpot)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field.
- Interpersonal relation skills
- Decision quality & Problem solving
- Time & Self-Management
- Organisational Competencies:
- Attention to Detail
- Continuous Learning
- Drive for Results (Efficiency)
- Customer focus