Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commis I
Job Number: 22125795
Location: Marriott Hotel Ikeja, 122 Joel Ogunnaike Street, Lagos, Nigeria
Position Type: Non-Management
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum services.
- Notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served.
- Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacle. Set-up, clean and break down work station.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Prepare and cook food.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online