Communication Strategist at a Not-For Profit Organization
A Not-For Profit Organization is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Strategist
Employment Type: Contract
- We are looking to employ a Communications Specialist with exceptional public speaking and writing skills, a strategic thinker with a meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines. The candidate must have a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external role-players.
- Develop and implement communication strategies for each thematic area of the organizations work that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Research and write press releases, and content for the company website, infographics, blogs, newsletters and Social Media platforms.
- Liaison with program team to coordinate activities, on-line content, and materials across the business unit.
- Manage the organizations digital presence. Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events.
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with external role-players.
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Develop and maintain close working relations with media outlets and identify opportunities for the organization’ssenior management for media placement;
- Organize, provide support and arrange broadcast and print media interviews for Senior Management
- Propose, edit, draft and pitch op-eds, letters to the editor, and other written, digital, and broadcast commentary.
- Work across the organization with the management team, programs team and admin team to identify media moments, develop and implement relevant materials and media outreach
- Generate innovative ways to gain quality media coverage across all channels.
- Develop multi-media content for the organization showcasing the organization’s success stories and its people
Skills / Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 2- 4 years’ relevant experience in a communications role. Communications strategy development is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Graphics, use of Adobe, Corel draw or Photoshop software
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, good time management, organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Ability to multitask and key into Organization’s goals
- Attention to Details and Social/ Emotional Intelligence.
- Excellent Social Media and IT skills.
- Please note that proven graphic and IT experience is a major advantage of applicants to this role
Application Closing Date
12th April, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.