Communications and Design Specialist at Idmibok International
Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems,globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications and Design Specialist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- We are looking to hire a dedicated Communications and Design Specialist to join our team.
- The Communications and Design Specialist will support our internal and external communications strategy, write, and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and coordinate promotional events.
- To succeed as a Communications and Design Specialist, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
- Develop project-wide communication strategies and program materials that promote the organization’s initiatives and programs.
- Copy-editing reports, proposals, and more to ensure content quality.
- Organize all units to implement and operationalize a central database of holistic documentation for institutional memory.
- Design graphics and layouts for relevant documents as required.
- Ensure all visible materials, presentations, training, and reports of project activities comply with the donor’s brand guidelines and communications plans.
- Manage social media communications and the organization’s branding.
- Support the communications team in creating promotional and communications materials.
- Deliver written and verbal communications by designated deadlines.
- Educate staff members on communication processes.
- Create and launch targeted marketing campaigns.
- Develop quarterly newsletters for the organization.
- Optimize company website content for internet search engines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- 4+ years prior experience in a communications role specifically in the Development sector.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in strategic communication and organizational learning including developing and producing webinars, podcasts, etc.
- Prior experience copy editing reports, proposals, and other short/long form content.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Must have creative and technical writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content.
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator is an asset.
- Understanding of communications, public relations, and marketing best practices.
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts.
- Video editing skills are a plus.
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using “Communications and Design Specialist” as the subject of the email.
- Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.