Communications Manager at Canonical Nigeria
Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means 'humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world's biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world's most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it's the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Manager
- We are looking for a Communications Manager, who orchestrate the growing awareness of Canonical and its products among its core audiences: technology enthusiasts, software professionals, enterprise decision makers.
- This is unique opportunity to join a brand known as one of the leaders in open-source and cloud native.
- This role will involve close partnership with the Product Management function within the company, as well as the Partnerships team and the Sales and Marketing teams, to communicate key product news and announcements and manage perception of Canonical and its range of products, including Ubuntu.
- The Communications manager will coordinate internal and external resources, working with in-house resources and with agencies depending on geography, to promote press releases and product updates, support live events and assist the Director of Communications with corporate news and the public image of Canonical
As a Communications Manager you will:
- Prepare and execute communications plans for product announcements, new partnerships etc
- Monitor perception and sentiment of Canonical and its products, and create campaigns to increase positive perception among relevant audiences
- Coordinate with Social Media and Marketing teams on unified campaigns
- Support Product and the Web team in the creation of supporting materials for news and announcements
- Support the Director of Communications on Corporate Communications initiatives
- Manage media relationships directly and through third-party agencies
- Create and present reports on communications activities, and track and manage PR spend.
- Direct communications elements of live and virtual events.
The successful Communications Manager will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline, and/or demonstration of professional competencies and qualifications
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation skills in English
- Additional language skills and experience of multinational communications an advantage
- Growth mindset – enthusiasm for challenges and strong work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Objectivity and openness to others' views while continuously building a positive team spirit
- Track record of delivering strong results and innovation in the technology area or SAAS.
- Experience of managing technology communications (agency or in-house)
- Existing media relations in their geography
- A track record of delivering innovative and successful communications campaigns in the technology space.
- Experience of cloud/SaaS/open source technology an advantage
What Canonical Offers
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply