Communications Specialist at The International Support Network for African Development
The International Support Network for African Development (ISNAD-Africa) in Ibadan, Nigeria is a UNEP-accredited non-government organization that is committed to raising global and multi-stakeholder support for green growth in Africa through various programs and initiatives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- ISNAD-Africa invites applications for the Communications Specialist role to support her organisational and programme operations.
- Communications in ISNAD-Africa is in three major workstreams:
- Corporate Communications
- Digital Marketing and Advocacy, and
- Policy (Research and Engagement)
- Successful candidate will be required to meet the requirements for Corporate
- Communications and at least one of Digital Marketing or Policy Research and Engagement. Excellence in the trio is an added advantage with additional benefit.
- Content creation (blogs and articles, media briefs, press release, newsletters, magazines, etc)
- Engagement with partners and media organisations
- Community management of online digital networking and convergence platform (such as catalysing participation, response to inquiries and complaints from users, etc)
- Overall operation and management of programme and organisational communications
- Proposal and report writing with support from programme team
- Audio-visual reporting and presentations
- Successful applicant will work with team members and report to the Executive Director.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English or French Language, Marketing, among other related disciplines. A postgraduate degree, fellowships, among other graduate trainings will be an added advantage
- A minimum of a Second Class (Upper Division) is required. A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience
- A self-starter, self-motivated, community builder who can work alone.
- Ability to develop an overall organisational communications plan
- The position is well suited for an Environmental Journalist or an experienced communications specialist focused on environmental issues.
- In addition to Corporate Communications, candidate must meet the criteria for at least either Digital Marketing or Policy Research and Engagement.
- Oversight of wide range of communications activities
- Ability to conduct research and critical thinking for effective content creation
- Excellent professional presentation and public speaking and writing skills with data and storytelling (for audio-visual presentation, email, Newsletters, Media Briefs, Magazine, Reports, etc).
- Committed to green growth, environment, sustainable development, climate change, nature conservation or other related themes and follows recent trends in this field.
- Excellent proficiency in English language (writing and speaking) is required
Required Skill Set:
- Experience in branding
- Analytics and reporting
- Develop and implement overall digital marketing strategies as well as social media campaigns
- Being creative, dynamic, forward-thinking, among others Staying on top of digital marketing trends and implementing them.
Policy Research and Engagement:
Required Skill Set:
- Follow updates on green growth (or environmental) subjects from relevant stakeholders from across the globe, such as knowledge products (reports, briefs, etc), events, meetings, among others
- Monitor policy and regulatory developments and address any emerging issues proactively and strategically
- Read, analyse and syntheses knowledge products (reports, briefs, etc) and write policy briefs for ISNAD-Africa
- Develop, within the identified policy priorities evidence and advocacy messaging for assigned priorities
- Responsible for internal organisational policy compliance.
- Support management team in working with public stakeholders and stakeholders management
- A background in social sciences would be an added advantage for this, but not required.
Added Advantage (but not required):
- Proficiency in French language is an asset
- Experience in working with media organisations
- Experience in working with NGOs, policy-related work, media, communications, or administration are added advantage for the role
- Proposal writing skill
- Being versed in other ICT skills such as Content SEO, Html or graphic design are not required but can be added advantage
- Existing relationships with media organisations is an asset.
- Opportunity to engage in sustainable development projects that is focused on green growth (generally environmental projects) that contributes to various sustainable development goals
- Opportunity to work in an international team on high-impact initiatives for green growth in Africa including partners from international and multilateral organisations across the globe
- Opportunity to participate in international and local conferences among other meetings, where necessary
- In addition to monthly remuneration, exceptional performance will attract additional monthly bonus.
- The role is suited for those who are interested in the Operations as a career path, those who are interested in development field, passionate about green growth or sustainability or interested in working in non-profits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following below as a single file to: [email protected] with “Communications for Green Growth: Corporate Communications and (mention the other option that you select from Digital Marketing/Policy Research and Engagement)” on the subject line:
- Resume (Please, include sex and date of birth)
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample (policy briefs, media briefs, reports, published articles, etc)
- Please include weblinks to your audio-visual speech/presentation in your resume and/or Cover Letter.
Application Deadline 9th December, 2021.
- The position is based in Ibadan, Nigeria. Please note that successful applicants may be required to work remotely for a few months after recruitment and when the need arises.
- The work duties are from Monday to Friday but would require meetings during weekends. However, the meetings are conducted remotely.
- Qualified and Interested candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible