Community Liaison Officer at MAG International
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
The name Mines Advisory Group was established in the early days of the organisation, when it was decided that MAG’s initial role would be to draw the attention of the international community towards issues relating to mines and UXO.
Between 1990 and 1991, the McGrath brothers carried out two assessment missions to Afghanistan and Cambodia, hoping th…
Read more about this company
Community Liaison Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , NCE , OND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Borno
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise with communities, traditional leaders, local authorities and other NGO’s to gather information using interviews, meetings, community mapping and other participatory activities.
- Deliver Mine Risk Education (MRE) to targeted groups ensuring that all participants have a good understanding of risks and mitigation strategies.
- Deliver training and provide on-going support to key community Focal Points to enable them to implement appropriate MRE activities.
- Contribute ideas to improve the delivery of safety messages to the communities in order to achieve the aim of behavior change.
- Conduct needs and impact assessments as directed by the Community Liaison Team Leader or CLM.
- Conduct Non-Technical Survey and record confirmed/suspected hazardous areas as reported by the community.
- Take due care and responsibility for all equipment issued by MAG.
- Report CL related work/issue to CL TL as required
- Report the CL activities on a daily basis.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Diploma in Sociology, Education or any other related area.
- Previous experience of carrying out community-based education activities or similar in North East Nigeria.
- Good knowledge and understanding of local communities.
- Ability to record information accurately and clearly.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a range of people.
- Hausa, Kanuri and English language skills
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love