Company Accountant at a Real Estate Company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Our Company Riveton Developments Ltd is a new startup Real Estate and Hospitality Company located in Ajah, Lagos, Nigeria. We are presently filling some positions in our company.
We are in search of a Company Accountant.
Applicant will be responsible for monthly financial reporting, analyses and associated journal entries, essential bookkeeping services.
Applicant will perform other critical tasks such as reconciling general ledger accounts associated with the program, monitoring the assignment and use of budget centers, participating in the annual budget process, preparation of financial statements and tax return filings.
The essential duties of the Real Estate Accountant include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Perform month-end accounting close functions, including journal entries, reconciliations and analysis.
- Work with department managers to review operating budgets and other financial reporting tools.
- Assist with compliance audits, including the annual financial statement audit
- Prepare management reports for Executive review and quarterly and annual reports for external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with managers and accounting/financial teams to improve the utilization of financial data for management decision-making.
- Preparing and distributing periodic financial reports for use. Required periodic reports may include but are not limited to: Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows statements.
- Preparing reconciliations of general ledger accounts, as required. • Filing of Tax returns on LIRS and FIRS.
- Monthly returns made to the necessary governmental and legal agencies as required by regulation.
- Degree in Accounting
- 2 years or more experience in general ledger accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Experience with real estate is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. • Excellent organizational skills. • Ability to transfer learning, knowledge & skills across multiple projects.
- Self-starter with proven ability to establish and meet goals and objectives.
- Ability to thrive under pressure of deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required in order to effectively interact and clearly communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Proficient with MS-Office and Google Sheets
Job Type: Full-time
SALARY: N65,000-Above/ Monthly