Consular Assistant at The Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria
Job Title: Consular Assistant
Job Ref: 3974
Locations: Abuja, Lagos, Nigeria
Vacancy type: Indeterminate
Closing date for applications: 15-03-2020 at 23:59 UTC/GMT
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Candidates are required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected. Any additional information must be included as part of these two attachments. Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: [email protected] prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
Eligibility Instructions (to be included in cover letter)
- Assessment questions have been included for candidates to complete and include in their cover letters along with the application. In order to be considered for the position, please note that candidates must answer all questions(#1, #2, and #3). Please include the information in paragraph form. Responses must be your original work, and cannot use text from the internet or other sources. Applications using copied text will be disqualified.
- You will be assessed on your spelling, grammar and effective communication on the application and further along in the process if you’re screened in. Applications not including responses to these questions will be screened out.
- ** Applications that do not include the Candidate Assessment Questions will not be considered.**
Question #1 (750 words maximum)
Please describe what experience you have in providing administrative or program support in an office environment under tight deadlines, and how you manage your work under these circumstances.
Question #2 (750 words maximum)
Describe a situation where you had to provide excellent client service in a previous job under a stressful situation. Describe the situation as well as how your participation contributed to the outcome.
Question #3 (300 words maximum)
Pourquoi aimeriez-vous travailler au Haut-commissariat du Canada au Nigéria ? Veuillez écrire votre réponse en français.
- Please do not use a tablet or cell phone to submit your application, as mobile browsers are not supported by our on-line portal. Candidates should only apply using a laptop or desktop computer.
- Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
- The High Commission of Canada in Nigeria does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
- The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the High Commission of Canada in Nigeria which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.